You will sit down with the client and project manager to agree the functional specifications, and translate these into requirements for a reliable system design. Together with the project manager, you then prepare a technical plan, which you translate into a form suitable for your team of lead engineers. You represent the business at the forefront of the process, and remain involved with projects until the prototype is handed over to production. This involves working in close partnership with colleagues from other disciplines. Another important aspect of your role is the (technical) coaching of team members during projects. You're a source of knowledge that your colleagues can draw upon. Your daily activities will include:
- Defining concepts and making decisions for the concept to be developed.
- Assessing and mitigating technical risks using FEM analyses, or tests on prototypes.
- Leading the project team in technical matters.
- Reporting to the MT and client.
- Managing the relationship with the factory from a technical perspective, by discussing testing, qualification and transport tools for mass production.
- Handing over the prototype to production after delivery and approval.
- Contributing to the VDL ETG technology road map.
Overseeing the conceptualisation, development and realisation of high-tech systems requires teamwork – and this includes the team you lead. You're someone who knows exactly how things work, both within your own organisation and at your consortium partners and suppliers. You're enterprising and want to contribute to the technical growth of the organisation. Your pragmatic attitude means you can deal with time pressures and budget limitations efficiently. In addition, you have:
- A master's degree in mechatronics or mechanical engineering.
- At least 10 years' experience working with the development of high-tech equipment.
- Demonstrable experience in leading a technical team.
- Experience with project-based working for clients.
- An excellent command of English.
A challenging job, a high degree of responsibility and plenty of opportunities for personal development. Great promises that we like to keep. In addition, you'll receive:
- A competitive salary.
- A good pension scheme.
- 27 days of paid holiday and 13 ADV (working time reduction scheme) days.
- Profit sharing.
- Plenty of personal development through training courses and educational programmes.
- An annual VDL party with all your VDL Groep colleagues.
- Opportunities for internal promotion.
- Participation in various collective schemes.
- Employee discounts.
- Participation in sporting activities.
Bedrijfsprofiel VDL Enabling Technologies Group
Within VDL ETG, the department of Technology & Development (T&D) is responsible for the specification, design and integration of high tech mechatronic machine modules, professional systems and capital intensive equipment. All this takes place under one roof. The high-tech production facility is equipped with state-of-the- art machinery to produce any designed product. The Technology & Development department consists of a number of competence groups, such as Mechanics, Mechatronics, Electronics, Software, Flow & Thermal and Project management. Within our multidisciplinary project teams we specify, design, develop and qualify modules and products for our customers. Subsequently, we supply these products to our customers.
Curious about working at VDL ETG T&D in Eindhoven and Almelo? We'll tell you all about itVDL ETG T&D, VDL Enabling Technologies Group Technology & Development in full, is part of the billion-Euro VDL Groep with more than 17,000 staff employees across the globe. At our locations in Eindhoven and Almelo, we develop, produce and assemble high-tech equipment for sectors including the semiconductor industry, and thin-film depositions for solar cells, medical equipment, science and industry. VDL ETG T&D is a dynamic and innovative organisation, where we greatly value employees who show initiative. We believe that the best ideas arise when people work on the projects they are most passionate about. This project-based development environment is unique, as it brings together the mechanical engineering, electronics, mechatronics and software disciplines, and because we combine development with realisation.The department you'll join as a mechanical system architect is characterised by an open atmosphere and approachable colleagues. Your future colleagues can best be described as kind, willing and helpful. Asking questions makes everyone smarter, which is why we do it so much here. And it doesn't matter whether you ask a direct colleague or the CEO, everyone's door is open. We're also the place to be for recreation and good food. For example, many of our engineers are part of the robot football team, and we have some fanatical table football players. And what about the delicious food from around the world brought in by your expat colleagues, or cake or tart each day? There's always something to celebrate here.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of the University of Twente. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working? You can do this by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!