Reporting to Senior R&D Manager (Centrifuge & Cascade Operation) you will be responsible for managing and developing Centrifuge & Cascade operations technology within Urenco, in order to ensure safe and economic design and operation of facilities in compliance with regulatory requirements. You will manage specific Centrifuge & Cascade R&D activities and projects and provide ad-hoc support, as the best-skilled expert for this area of competence. You will support the Senior R&D Manager Centrifuge & Cascade Operation in running the associated technology and processes, building the requisite capabilities and knowledge.
The main areas of responsibility will include:
- Acting as a focal point for SMEs on site - a skilled expert in the group. Leverage a detailed understanding of the operation in the specialist area to identify improvement opportunities
- Assisting with technical assessments of projects and provide inputs to the Principal R&D Manager to facilitate project prioritisation
- Supporting technology assessment exercises for this area of competence and assess the TRL for projects. Act as the Urenco expert for this competence's technology and provide advice to the Head of R&D and the wider Urenco organisation
- Support the identification of new project opportunities. Execute the planning, mobilisation and delivery of R&D projects, in line with agreed scope, timeframes, budgets and service levels
- Document and hand-over results of R&D projects to customer or other stakeholders. Feed into wider R&D reporting
- Managing all project stakeholders and support wider stakeholder management
- Support expert team activities and supplier audits if required.
- Managing personal development as required to support R&D activities and facilitate information exchange amongst SMEs in the group
- Screening new external technological developments for their relevance and potential application for the respective competence
- Consider IP that arises from any R&D activities undertaken
- Supporting the R&D budget process, providing inputs for respective projects
- Providing guidance and support to team members
We are now looking for an individual who can make a difference and add value to our existing team. The following skills and experience will provide an indication of the types of team players we are looking for:
- Masters or equivalent degree in Physics or Mathematics
- Proven experience working in the nuclear industry
- Thorough understanding of the safety and regulatory environment
- Familiar with structuring, budgeting executing and reporting R&D and qualification programs
- Good knowledge of gas centrifuge technology
- Experience in working in international R&D teams
- Experience in selecting the right technology for major projects, to satisfy technical, commercial and customer requirements using a robust methodology
- Conversant in business English and in the business language specific to role location
- Good understanding of vacuum technology
Bedrijfsprofiel Urenco Nederland B.V.
Urenco is de spil in een wereldwijd netwerk voor schone energieopwekking. Met ons product, verrijkt uranium, maken kerncentrales CO2 vrije elektriciteit voor 100 miljoen gezinnen, bedrijven en scholen. Het zijn onze mensen die het succes bepalen, we doen er daarom alles aan om een diverse en inclusieve organisatie te zijn, waar iedereen zich welkom en gewaardeerd voelt.
De afdeling Projects binnen Engineering & Projects is verantwoordelijk voor de supervisie op projecten op het gebied van nieuwbouw, modificaties, uitbreiding en onderhoud van de UNL verrijkingsinstallaties, hieraan gerelateerde systemen en gebouwen en gebouw gebonden installaties. De afdeling is volop in ontwikkeling en er wordt hard gewerkt aan een verbeterde structuur voor het managen van projecten.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Urenco. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!