You will be responsible for providing detailed design level support to the UTD Design Authority Design Technology Manager. You will investigate existing and develop new Plant Control System hardware and software detailed design work packages, based on basic design level requirements delivered by the Design Technology Team. Managing and executing detailed design both in house and with supporting external Plant Control System Integrators. You will apply general design and engineering standards and investigating best available technology to support detail design delivery. Please be aware this position shall require regular travel to various Urenco facilities worldwide.
The main areas of responsibility will include:
- Actively promote a pro-active safety culture and perform analysis to create a learning from experience behaviour.
- Ensure advanced plant designs comprise safety features based on best industrial practice and lessons learnt from the (nuclear) business.
- Determine Plant Control System design engineering aspects, options and evaluation in contribution to feasibility/optioneering/best available technology studies.
- Support delivery of Detailed Design packages concerning Core Plant Technology (CPT) with respect to C&I systems and Plant Control System equipment, with a focus on PLC and SCADA technologies.
- Capture, interpret and develop system functional requirements using V-Model software development lifecycle processes and procedures.
- Support new Urenco Plant Control Systems with software testing, verification, FAT, SAT, commissioning and handover activities.
- Support existing Urenco facilities in analysing and testing legacy Plant Control System software to capture and document existing functional requirements.
- Provide directions and oversight concerning Detailed Design and supplier manufacturing quality processes on request of site or group project managers.
- Define and maintain Core Plant Technology (CPT) design expertise on the basis of Urenco best (safety) practice and world class state-of-the-art technology (Design Technology Excellence Centre).
- Establish, control, and maintain Group Reference Design and safety case standards and requirements. Group Reference Design includes: core UF6 enrichment, critical core UF6 support system requirements, relevant UF6 de-conversion requirements, and all design and safety case requirements in support of UTD activities.
- Supports Post Implementation Reviews in C&I expertise area to establish the feedback loop to Design Authority from a safety/license compliance, operational and asset management perspective.
We are now looking for an individual who can make a difference and add value to our existing team. The following skills and experience will provide an indication of the types of team players we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in either Automation Engineering/Electrical & Electronic Engineering/Control Systems Engineering
- Additional post university degree/training in science/engineering relevant to the expertise area (preferred but not essential)
- Proven experience in area of work
- Citect SCADA programming experience using Cicode programming language (preferred but not essential)
- Experience using various IEC 61131-3 PLC programming languages (LD, FB, SFC, ST & IL)
- Skills in both or either PLC and SCADA programming in highly regulated industries
- Experience programming in various other languages such as VB, VBA, C, C++ etc.
- Experience configuring PLC/SCADA interface and driver configurations such as OPC server/client communications.
- Experience using industry standards such as BS EN 61508 and 61511
- Experience of industrial communication protocols such as EtherNet/IP, ModBus, TCP/IP, MelsecNet, Profibus etc.
- This is a Full time, permanent position which can be based in Gronau or Almelo.
Bedrijfsprofiel Urenco Nederland B.V.
Urenco is de spil in een wereldwijd netwerk voor schone energieopwekking. Met ons product, verrijkt uranium, maken kerncentrales CO2 vrije elektriciteit voor 100 miljoen gezinnen, bedrijven en scholen. Het zijn onze mensen die het succes bepalen, we doen er daarom alles aan om een diverse en inclusieve organisatie te zijn, waar iedereen zich welkom en gewaardeerd voelt.
De afdeling Projects binnen Engineering & Projects is verantwoordelijk voor de supervisie op projecten op het gebied van nieuwbouw, modificaties, uitbreiding en onderhoud van de UNL verrijkingsinstallaties, hieraan gerelateerde systemen en gebouwen en gebouw gebonden installaties. De afdeling is volop in ontwikkeling en er wordt hard gewerkt aan een verbeterde structuur voor het managen van projecten.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Urenco. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!