The main areas of responsibility will include:
- Provides expert knowledge and advices concerning plant, systems and component design and engineering specifications to multiple projects in Urenco group.
- Actively promote a pro-active safety culture and perform analysis to create a learning from experience behaviour
- Applying general design and engineering standards and investigating best available technology to support design delivery to Urenco customers.
- Ensure advanced plant designs comprises safety features based on best industrial practice and lessons learnt from the (nuclear) business
- Determine P&M design engineering aspects, options and evaluation in contribution to feasibility/optioneering/best available technology studies
- Developing Plant Design concepts and executing feasibility/optioneering studies.
- Supports delivery of Conceptual Design and Design Specifications with focus on P&M expertise area
- Supports delivery of Basic Design packages concerning Core Plant Technology (CPT) with respect to P&M systems and equipment
- Provide directions and oversight concerning Detailed Design and supplier manufacturing quality processes on request of site or group project managers
- Define and maintain Core Plant Technology (CPT) design expertise on the basis of Urenco best (safety) practice and world class state-of-the-art technology (Design Technology Excellence Centre)
- Establish, control, and maintain Group Reference Design and safety case standards and requirements. Group Reference Design includes: core UF6 enrichment, critical core UF6 support system requirements, relevant UF6 de-conversion requirements, and all design and safety case requirements in support of UTD activities
- Supports Post Implementation Reviews in P&M ex
Urenco is now looking for an individual who can make a difference and add value to our existing Team. The following skills and experience will provide an indication of the types of Team Players:
- Bachelor’s degree in Physics, Process Technology, Nuclear or Mechanical Engineering. Any other equivalent in combination with a Professional Engineer (PE) license obtained by accredited examination in associated areas
- Recognized experience and knowledge in expertise area
- Demonstrable capability to analyse and model complex technical design problems and define advanced design solutions
- Sound and demonstratable skills and knowledge of Design and Engineering
Bedrijfsprofiel Urenco Nederland B.V.
Urenco is an international supplier of enrichment services and fuel cycle products for the civil nuclear industry, serving utility customers worldwide who provide low carbon electricity through nuclear generation.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Urenco. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working? You can do this by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!