The ESG Compliance Manager (BV), is responsible for the implementation and administration of the company’s organization-wide environmental, social, and governance (“ESG”) compliance program for the European region. This requires responsibility for data collection and verification, engaging with other cross-functional departments, conducting ethics and compliance risk assessment activities, documenting and developing internal controls designed to mitigate ethics and compliance risks, perform research and respond to questions regarding ethics and compliance, including those related to conflicts of interest, anti-bribery, ethics and compliance requirements applicable to government contractors, and driving successful completion of customer compliance needs.
As a key contributor within the ESG Compliance team, you will be involved in all aspects of compliance from the European regions and sustainability activities. Here you will continue to develop your deep understanding of UEI’s core policies and procedures as well as learn new compliance laws as they evolve.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates data collection, data reviews for key sustainability metrics for reporting and public disclosures.
- Facilitates the development of corporate goals and metrics related to the ESG data.
- Manages activities related to ESG data verification and external assurance processes. Works with other business units and departments to ensure accuracy and completeness of collected data.
- Engage with Human Resources, Legal, Factories, Accounting, Quality Assurance, Supplier Quality Management, and others to ensure compliance to various ESG requirements.
- Utilizes the UEI compliance systems to meet customer needs, i.e., the GMS, Ecochain, Workiva, and others.
- Drives and monitors progress of defined ESG/sustainability objectives and builds an awareness and culture of sustainability within the BV teams.
- Understands current and future challenges within the industry, educates and prioritizes these issues with internal teams and external stakeholders. Kee up to date on ESG trends and developments and translates them into actionable improvements. Keeps track of laws and regulations for the European region.
- Supports and contribute to the development, management and implementation of cross-functional sustainability strategies and programs.
- Maintains a functional knowledge of relevant law and regulations, contractual requirements, policies and procedures, codes of conduct, and internal and relevant external issue-resolution processes. Prepares reports for Global compliance team. Meets regularly with her immediate Supervisor to update status of activities.
- Builds strategic customer, contract manufacturers, and vendor/supplier elationships.
- Assists in the drafting and development of local policies and procedures to align with corporate policies and procedures as needed.
- Assists in the training and communications to managers and staff on reporting, case management, and other aspects of the ESG program.
- Participates in and supports ethics and compliance program on projects related to all elements of the comprehensive ethics and compliance program, including risk assessment, program assessment, third party compliance management, training and communications, enforcement and incentives, policy and procedure development, analytics, reporting, ethics line management, and investigations
- Travels occasionally as needed.
Required education and experience
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree, preferably in compliance & ethics, business administration, communications, or related field.
- CCEP (certified compliance & ethics professional) certificate, preferred.
- GRI certification, preferred.
- Fundamentals of Sustainability Accounting (FSA) credentials, preferred.
Required expertise and skills
- Self-motivated leader with uncompromised character and a deep-rooted conviction for ethics and integrity.
- The ability to influence and catalyze change to improve sustainability/ESG performance through the application of exceptional interpersonal, relationship building and collaboration skills.
- The ability to work autonomously with a hands-on approach with close alignment with the corporate teams.
- Ability to balance idealism with pragmatism. Comfortable challenging the status quo and ability to address conflict and difficult issues in a professional, assertive and effective manner.
- Familiarity with ESG/sustainability frameworks, reporting standards, and ratings agencies
- 5 – 10 years of experience in a compliance related area.
- General understanding of local and federal laws in the European Union.
- Experience with customer and 3rd party compliance audits.
- Experience with RBA (Responsible Business Alliance), EcoVadis, Workiva, Ecochain and other compliance related programs and audits.
- Work experience should include relevant duties with highly confidential and sensitive issues. Government contracts compliance, risk management, internal audit and controls, ESG publishing, or ESG experience preferred.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills required
- Fluent in English
You will be working with an international team for this large international company. Besides a good working environment, UEI offers an extensive package of benefits designed to improve our employees' work-life balance: for example, benefits such as discounts at various gyms and our bicycle plan. In addition, every afternoon you can have lunch with your colleagues in our cozy cafeteria for a small fee. This also includes an excellent salary depending on your knowledge and experience.
Bedrijfsprofiel Universal Electronics
At UEI you will be part of a world class team that is working to innovate and revolutionize the meaning of ‘wireless control’. Whether it’s via chips, software licenses or turnkey products, we are continuing to reinvent how consumers interact with devices and services in their home.
Each day we make the connected home smarter, easier to connect and use, and more sustainable. We delight our Fortune 100 customers such as Comcast, Apple, Samsung, Google, Vivint and Daikin with ground breaking wireless technology solutions such as advanced, voice-enabled remote controls, cloud control solutions, extreme low power Bluetooth silicon with energy harvesting capabilities, smart thermostats and sensors and many other IoT solutions.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of the University of Twente. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!