As an Engineering Support Officer, you work in a transversal team which supports the Engineering Management Team, Engineering Delivery Managers, Workpackage Managers and case by case also the engineers. As a team, we are continuously improving the ways of working within engineering to become more efficient and effective.
As a team member, you will be involved in collecting data concerning reporting, automation and improving the reporting. Activities include amongst others:
- Preparing management- and workpackage reporting using PowerBI. Collect & combine the information, perform a first analysis and improve the source data when needed;
- Organise and support the progress reporting towards the internal organisation and external business lines. Follow-up the actions identified during the various reporting meetings;
- Support the engineering outsourcing activities;
- Special assignments to investigate subjects which need to be improved.
Keywords for this job description include:
- Data analysis using tools
- Communication and connecting people
- Self-organising and pro-active
- Completed a Bachelor or Master degree;
- Structured and organised in performing a job;
- Good communication skills;
- Self-organising and capable to work independently;
- Familiar with how to manage a change is much appreciated;
- Curious to understand the background of an issue/challenge and solution oriented;
- Persistent in obtaining the required inputs;
- Team player with communication skills and able to work in multidisciplinary teams;
- Fluency in spoken and written Dutch and English.
- A challenging job in a great team within our high-tech, innovative work environment. Includes the freedom for initiative and good ideas;
- Room for personal and professional growth within our organisation, for example in regards to technical, commercial or international skills;
- Valuable international collaboration with coworkers from 68 different countries around the globe;
- A comfortable work space in a modern environment, with a focus on flexibility and the right work life balance;
- You can usually work where and when you want to be able to do your work as well and efficiently as possible. Within Thales we implement hybrid working, where you can, for example, work from home two days a week if your role allows it;
- A good salary, fitting travel allowance, and the ability to personalise your employment conditions: for instance, you can trade days off for internet costs, our bicycle plan, company fitness and relocation costs;
- 40 days off per year (PTO). Yes, really.
Bedrijfsprofiel Thales Nederland
The Engineering group performs all engineering activities (System Definition, Hardware Development, Software Development and Integration & Test) for the realization of total solutions and sensors systems for naval and ground based applications. To support our engineers and engineering managers, we are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Engineering Support Officer.
The Engineering Operations team consists of people with different backgrounds, multiple skills which supports all engineering disciplines (systems -, software -, and hardware engineering) in their day to day business concerning, processes, methods, tools, practices and improvements in all areas.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of the Thales. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working? You can do this by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!