About the job:
As a Sales Manager you are responsible for business development and sales of Gas Turbines in the Oil & Gas market.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- With the support of marketing and (application) engineering you will be on top of market trends in your Sales Areas and tap into the full market potential. You will develop sales channels and you will improve and position OPRA’s unique value proposition in your Sales Areas.
- You will understand our customer’s way of thinking, business cases, decision criteria, pains and optimization-potential, and will identify specific (technical and commercial) solutions, thereby identifying new applications for our products.
- You will identify and prioritize opportunities, define capture strategies and convert opportunities into orders, hereby taking the lead throughout the whole qualification, quotation and negotiation process.
- Being the central point of contact, you manage the proposal and make sure to align and budget sub-suppliers and departmental resources in accordance with the customer’s requirement.
- You will drive the handover process of the order to the Project Manager. You will support the Project Manager during the project execution phase with commercial and relational matters. You will support Service in the same way during the aftermarket phase.
- Within your Region you will be the commercial ambassador and organize OPRA’s presence and actively participate to selected events, conferences and seminars. You will support the development of sales and marketing material, making sure regional requirements are addressed adequately.
- You will be in charge of reliable sales forecasts and giving sufficient heads-up information to Engineering, Operations, Service as to their resource planning.
- You will report to the Head of Direct Sales.
They are looking for a colleague that meets the following criteria:
- Someone with a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent by experience.
- Proven experience (5 years) with solution sales.
- Relevant business network in Oil & Gas is a must, either in off shore or in upstream/midstream on shore.
- A real hunter mentality, oriented to identify new prospects and opportunities and chase them.
- Experience with managing agent/reseller networks is a plus.
- English language and communication skills (verbal and in writing) on CEFR level C1.
- Result oriented and responsible personality.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in a global, multi-cultural context.
- Able to quickly understand the customer’s business, take control of the sales process and challenge the customer in a healthy and commercial way.
- Good business / technical judgment; able to translate technical advantages into attractive business cases.
What do they offer?
OPRA’s products are high tech and their markets are global and exciting. You will be working at an international company of qualified and enthusiastic people from various disciplines and of many different nationalities. Fast decision making, short connections, innovation on every corner.
- A competitive remuneration package;
- An attractive sales bonus scheme;
- You will join our pension plan;
- Joining an exciting journey of a fast-growing organization;
- Opportunity to travel for work frequently (up to 50%).
Bedrijfsprofiel OPRA Turbines
OPRA Turbines develops, manufactures and services state of-the-art gas turbine systems, and is headquartered in Hengelo, The Netherlands. Their advanced turbine technology has turned the OP16 Gas Turbine into a masterpiece of technology allowing them to serve global markets with clean, distributed energy solutions. Setting the standard in terms of availability, reliability and low maintenance costs, OP16 Gas Turbines allow for very cost-effective ‘always-on’ generation of electricity and heat. Thanks to its unique combustion technology, OP16 Gas Turbines can even turn dirty fuel gas that would otherwise be flared, vented, or simply wasted into green power and clean exhaust gas. They are convinced that OPRA Turbines’ gas turbine systems will continue to be a structural component of tomorrow’s green energy landscape, and drive the world’s energy transition!
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of OPRA Turbines. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working? You can do this by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!