- To encourage long-term, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, and complete, productive and appropriate employment for all
- We need to realise local jobs.
Creating right and sufficient jobs remains a major challenge for almost all economies worldwide. Sustainable economic growth will require societies to create conditions that allow people to have quality jobs that stimulate the economy while not harming the environment.
Job opportunities and decent working conditions are also required for the whole working age population. Having a job doesn’t guarantee the ability to escape from poverty in many countries. That’s why Global Goal 8 focusses on decent work for all and sustainable and inclusive economic growth. This means that everyone who can work should get the opportunity, in a good working environment. Such jobs should lead to economic growth without harming the environment.
Within this sustainable goal, there is a lot left to do and achieve. Countries should promote development-oriented policies that support entrepreneurship, creativity and innovation. Financial institutions must be strengthened to encourage and expand access to banking, insurance and financial services for all. Aside from this, countries must act to end modern slavery, human trafficking and forced labour, including child labour and the use of child soldiers. In 2025, child labour in all its forms must no longer exist.
- prevent our social foundation from crumbling;
- create opportunities to escape poverty;
- reform economic and social policies;
- stimulate the economy without harming the environment;
- improve employment opportunities and decent working conditions;
- share in progress