The Engineering Delivery Management Role is focused on technical management of engineering activities. As an EDM, you will be responsible for building the team with the main focus on delivering of engineering. You will be working closely together with the WPMs, with the aim of creating goal-driven team(s) based on engineering earned value management. Within this scope, you and the System Engineering Architect are responsible for organizing the project, processes and deliverables within given time and money; the System Engineering Architect is technically responsible for the chosen solution, implementation and realization of this.
As Engineering Delivery Manager you will be responsible for:
- Strong focus on Engineering delivery to achieve project on-time delivery and within budget;
- Supporting the WPMs in executing their role within the project and engineering chain;
- Building a team of WPMs with the same goals to create an efficient engineering chain conducting all engineering activities;
- Taking project execution to the next level by developing project management skills and project processes;
- Managing based on Program Engineering KPI’s.
You will have contact with various departments within the development departments, such as Radar Front-end, Software-, System-, Mechanical- & Electrical Engineering, but also with Supply Chain and Purchasing. In this role, you are reporting directly to the Head of Engineering Delivery.
- Completed Master’s degree in Engineering;
- You have proven Project Management experience within an Engineering Company (high tech), preferably you are also certified in IPMA, PMI or similar;
- You are results-oriented, cost-conscious and you like to take initiative;
- You work with a vision, and deal well with complex situations;
- You have a “can-do” and “why-not-this” mentality:
- You like to lead with integrity and engage stakeholders
- You have a positive and cooperative mind-set, looking for what to improve in his own team instead of looking at defaults in other teams;
- You have demonstrated excellent Project Management skills: scope, stakeholder, resource and risk management and able to work in multidisciplinary teams;
- You are enthusiastic, dynamic and have excellent communication skills.
- A challenging job in a great team within our high-tech, innovative work environment. Includes the freedom for initiative and good ideas;
- Room for personal and professional growth within our organisation, for example in regards to technical, commercial or international skills;
- Valuable international collaboration with coworkers from 68 different countries around the globe;
- A comfortable work space in a modern environment, with a focus on flexibility and the right work life balance;
- You can usually work where and when you want to be able to do your work as well and efficiently as possible. Within Thales we implement hybrid working, where you can, for example, work from home two days a week if your role allows it;
- A good salary, fitting travel allowance, and the ability to personalise your employment conditions: for instance, you can trade days off for internet costs, our bicycle plan, company fitness and relocation costs;
- 40 days off per year (PTO). Yes, really.
Bedrijfsprofiel Thales Nederland
Within the Naval Engineering Delivery department of our unit in Hengelo, we are currently setting up a new group named “Engineering Delivery Management”, in which we intend to concentrate Development Managers, internally referred to as Engineering Delivery Managers (EDMs) and Work Package Managers (WPMs) of multi- disciplinary work packages.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of the Thales. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working? You can do this by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!