The Work Package Manager (WPM) manages and coordinates internal multi-disciplined teams, which may include internal and external parties, performing a work package, and works with the Bid Manager / Project Manager and the Functional Manager for all aspects relating to his/her work package.
The main tasks are:
- Lead all work package activities (including those related to risks & opportunities);
- Reach objectives of the bid/ project regarding its technical, schedule, and financial aspects;
- Be responsible for delivering the work package on time and at the defined cost and quality;
- Be accountable for meeting the commitments and deliverables of his/ her work package;
- Contribute to the achievement of the project objectives and customer satisfaction;
- Contribute to the development and validation of the RACI.
- Completed technical Bachelor’s or Master’s degree. For example, in Electronic Engineering, Science, Mathematics, similar;
- Proven experience within the Software Engineering domain;
- You have a clear sense of how to leverage your personality and experience to bring out the best in others and yourself;
- You will set the direction, provide energy and connect with your team;
- Good interpersonal and customer handling skills with the ability to manage expectations and explain technical issue on a high level;
- Program management skills (IPMA-C or D is a plus);
- Analytical and solution focused;
- High level of creativity, initiative, pragmatism and persuasiveness;
- Affinity with project/ products engineering;
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Dutch (German is a plus).
- A challenging job in a great team within our high-tech, innovative work environment. Includes the freedom for initiative and good ideas;
- Room for personal and professional growth within our organisation, for example in regards to technical, commercial or international skills;
- Valuable international collaboration with coworkers from 68 different countries around the globe;
- A comfortable work space in a modern environment, with a focus on flexibility and the right work life balance;
- You can usually work where and when you want to be able to do your work as well and efficiently as possible. Within Thales we implement hybrid working, where you can, for example, work from home two days a week if your role allows it;
- A good salary, fitting travel allowance, and the ability to personalise your employment conditions: for instance, you can trade days off for internet costs, our bicycle plan, company fitness and relocation costs;
- 40 days off per year (PTO). Yes, really.
Bedrijfsprofiel Thales Nederland
Here at Thales, within Naval Engineering, the segment Combat Management Systems (CMS) accounts for the complete development cycle of products and solutions: concept definition, system design, system integration and validation. The group CMS Software is part of the segment Combat Management Systems, and is responsible for the design and delivery of the CMS TACTICOS.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of the Thales. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working? You can do this by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!