As Operations Manager you are responsible for the entire production process of the PIC based components and modules, from production planning until final product quality. In addition, you are also responsible for lab and equipment management and you are managing the transfer of projects from the engineering phase into the production phase. Since we are a new and young company, we are on a steep continuous improvement curve and the Operations Manager will play a vital role in this process. You will report to the COO and your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Responsible for entire production process, from planning to final quality inspection
- Responsible for logistics of incoming material and outgoing products
- Responsible for lab and equipment management (new equipment introduction and maintenance plans)
- Define and realize production and quality documentation
- Define and implement business processes for production, logistics and quality
- Define and implement plans for continuous improvement
- Manage the operational team (currently 4 people and growing with organization)
- MSc. degree in a technical direction
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in an engineering and production environment
- Experience in applying 6 Sigma tools
- Practical and pragmatic approach
- Capable of working independently
- Good personal organization and good reporting and documentation skills
- Fluency in English
- Dutch or willing to learn to speak Dutch
- A position in the new area of photonic IC packaging, a vibrant area with many exciting challenges and developments.
- An opportunity to develop PHIX, together with us, into a market leader in an entrepreneurial, dynamic environment.
- A talented and very diverse group of passionate people working in an open culture.
- A challenging position with plenty of room for own initiatives and professional development.
- A competitive set of employment terms.
Bedrijfsprofiel Xio Photonics
PHIX is a world leading foundry for packaging and assembly of Photonic Integrated Circuits (PICs). We supply customized PIC-based components and modules to OEM customers and system integrators in scalable production volumes.
We believe that early involvement is critical to come to the best results and therefore PHIX is also offering engineering support in the product design phase to ensure the manufacturability of the PIC based modules. PHIX is a start-up company and started operations in July 2018.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Phix. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!