Lead mechatronics engineer
Show us what you can do as a lead mechatronics engineer:Together with a team of around 5 engineers, you will design and realise high-tech systems or modules for VDL clients. Of course, the most important aspects are manufacturability, costs, reliability and technical performance. Your work will follow the PGP (Product Generation Process) development process. Following client specifications (CRS) and taking into consideration the feasibility and manufacturability of mechatronic components, you develop the design until it is released for production in our factories. You describe the system designs and specifications, generate concepts and define the high-tech modules, and guide the design process up to and including the technical validation of the prototype. This demands well-considered decisions, validated against system requirements. All this work isn’t done in isolation, but in multidisciplinary teams and in partnership with the mechatronics (system) architects. In practical terms, your work will involve:
- Making design and interface decisions in partnership with other disciplines, including mechanical development, electronics development and software development.
- Monitoring projects and ensuring they remain within the agreed specifications.
- Choosing the best solutions for your projects, based on what is technically feasible.
- Determining priorities within the project team, and reporting regularly to the project manager.
- Developing hardware and software interfaces for modules.
- Implementing the integration process (TPS/TAR).
- Coaching your fellow engineers by sharing your knowledge and experience.
Curious about working at VDL ETG T&D in Eindhoven or Almelo? We'll tell you all about it
VDL ETG T&D, VDL Enabling Technologies Group Technology & Development in full, is part of the billion-Euro VDL Groep with more than 17,000 employees across the globe. At our locations in Eindhoven and Almelo, we develop, produce and assemble high-tech equipment for sectors including the semiconductor industry, and thin-film depositions for solar cells, medical equipment, science and industry. VDL ETG T&D is a dynamic and innovative organisation, where we greatly value employees who show initiative. We believe that the best ideas arise when people work on the projects they are most passionate about. This project-based development environment is unique, as it brings together the mechanical engineering, electronics, mechatronics and software disciplines, and because we combine development with realisation.
The department you'll join as a lead mechatronics engineer is characterised by an open atmosphere and approachable colleagues. Your future colleagues can best be described as kind, willing and helpful. Asking questions makes everyone smarter, which is why we do it so much here. And it doesn't matter whether you ask a direct colleague or the CEO, everyone's door is open. We're also the place to be for recreation and good food. For example, many of our engineers are part of the robot football team, and we have some fanatical table football players. And what about the delicious food from around the world brought in by your expat colleagues, or cake or tart each day? There's always something to celebrate here.
Do you have what it takes to make a difference as a lead mechatronics engineer?
Conceptualising, developing and realising complex high-tech systems can't be done without a healthy dose of technical leadership. Of course, this means you must be capable of communicating clearly with your colleagues. You will direct multidisciplinary teams and keep an eye on the bigger picture. You're fully aware of everything related to the intersection of mechatronics, electronics and software. Given the nature of your work, you must be analytical, accurate and pragmatic: time management and setting priorities come naturally to you. In addition, you have:
- A bachelor's or master's degree in mechatronics or mechanical engineering.
- At least 7 years' experience working as a mechatronics engineer.
- Experience with coaching junior and mid-level mechatronics engineers.
- Experience with Rapid prototyping, Servo control, Matlab/Simulink or related development tools.
- Experience with PRO-E or NX 3D design tools and Teamcenter.
- An excellent command of English.
At VDL ETG T&D in Eindhoven and Almelo, you can count on the following working conditions
A challenging job, a high degree of responsibility and plenty of opportunities for personal development. Great promises that we like to keep. In addition, you'll receive:
- A competitive salary.
- 27 days of paid holiday and 13 ADV (working time reduction scheme) days.
- Profit sharing.
- A good pension scheme.
- Plenty of personal development through training courses and educational programmes.
- An annual VDL party with all your VDL Groep colleagues.
- Opportunities for internal promotion.
- Participation in various collective schemes.
- Employee discounts.
- Participation in sporting activities.
Apply now for this vacancy as a lead mechatronics engineer at VDL ETG T&D
Are you the lead mechatronics engineer who wants to see the final product of your own design? Then please send us your CV and covering letter and tell us why you're the ideal candidate for this vacancy.
Bedrijfsprofiel VDL Enabling Technologies Group
Within VDL ETG, the department of Technology & Development (T&D) is responsible for the specification, design and integration of high tech mechatronic machine modules, professional systems and capital intensive equipment. All this takes place under one roof. The high-tech production facility is equipped with state-of-the- art machinery to produce any designed product. The Technology & Development department consists of a number of competence groups, such as Mechanics, Mechatronics, Electronics, Software, Flow & Thermal and Project management. Within our multidisciplinary project teams we specify, design, develop and qualify modules and products for our customers. Subsequently, we supply these products to our customers.
Via onderstaande sollicitatie button kom je terecht op de site van de werkgever. Mocht de vacaturelink niet meer werken, dan is de vacature verlopen en kun je niet meer solliciteren. Wij proberen uiteraard ons vacaturebestand zo actueel mogelijk te houden. Wil je ons daarmee helpen en ons een bericht sturen als een link niet meer werkt? Dit kun je doen door ons te mailen op email@example.com.
Wil je op de hoogte blijven van andere interessante vacatures in Twente? Schrijf je dan in hier in!