You will sit down with the client and project manager to agree the functional specifications, and translate these into requirements for a reliable system design. Together with the project manager, you then prepare a technical plan, which you translate into a form suitable for your team of lead engineers. You represent the business at the forefront of the process, and remain involved with projects until the prototype is handed over to production. This involves working in close partnership with colleagues from other disciplines. Another important aspect of your role is the (technical) coaching of team members during projects. You're a source of knowledge that your colleagues can draw upon. Your daily activities will include:
- Defining concepts and making decisions for the concept to be developed.
- Assessing and mitigating technical risks using FEM analyses, or tests on prototypes.
- Leading the project team in technical matters.
- Reporting to the MT and client.
- Managing the relationship with the factory from a technical perspective, by discussing testing, qualification and transport tools for mass production.
- Handing over the prototype to production after delivery and approval.
- Contributing to the VDL ETG technology road map.
Overseeing the conceptualisation, development and realisation of high-tech systems requires teamwork – and this includes the team you lead. You're someone who knows exactly how things work, both within your own organisation and at your consortium partners and suppliers. You're enterprising and want to contribute to the technical growth of the organisation. Your pragmatic attitude means you can deal with time pressures and budget limitations efficiently. In addition, you have:
- A master's degree in mechatronics or mechanical engineering.
- At least 10 years' experience working with the development of high-tech equipment.
- Demonstrable experience in leading a technical team.
- Experience with project-based working for clients.
- An excellent command of English.
A challenging job, a high degree of responsibility and plenty of opportunities for personal development. Great promises that we like to keep. In addition, you'll receive:
- A competitive salary.
- A good pension scheme.
- 27 days of paid holiday and 13 ADV (working time reduction scheme) days.
- Profit sharing.
- Plenty of personal development through training courses and educational programmes.
- An annual VDL party with all your VDL Groep colleagues.
- Opportunities for internal promotion.
- Participation in various collective schemes.
- Employee discounts.
- Participation in sporting activities.
Bedrijfsprofiel VDL Enabling Technologies Group
Within VDL ETG, the department of Technology & Development (T&D) is responsible for the specification, design and integration of high tech mechatronic machine modules, professional systems and capital intensive equipment. All this takes place under one roof. The high-tech production facility is equipped with state-of-the- art machinery to produce any designed product. The Technology & Development department consists of a number of competence groups, such as Mechanics, Mechatronics, Electronics, Software, Flow & Thermal and Project management. Within our multidisciplinary project teams we specify, design, develop and qualify modules and products for our customers. Subsequently, we supply these products to our customers.
Via onderstaande sollicitatie button kom je terecht op de site van de werkgever. Mocht de vacaturelink niet meer werken, dan is de vacature verlopen en kun je niet meer solliciteren. Wij proberen uiteraard ons vacaturebestand zo actueel mogelijk te houden. Wil je ons daarmee helpen en ons een bericht sturen als een link niet meer werkt? Dit kun je doen door ons te mailen op email@example.com.
Wil je op de hoogte blijven van andere interessante vacatures in Twente? Schrijf je dan in hier in!