If you are a scholar with a research focus on the technical and socio-economic aspects of Security, Risk, and Resilience Management, then this is the position for you! Your research may involve the development of methods and techniques to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of enterprise systems and information assets. It helps managers/policymakers/individuals to make informed decisions on security and risk mitigation strategies, and benefits the alignment between security architecture and enterprise architecture. You not only consider the technical aspects of security, but also its strategic, tactical, and operational implications, at different levels: individuals, organizations, and society at large. In essence, you contribute to a strategy for a secure and resilient digital society. You are proficient in using both quantitative (e.g., development of security/resilience metrics) and qualitative research approaches (e.g., crafting interventions to counter social engineering cyber threats, scenario-based resilience evaluation, etc.).
You contribute to research, teaching, and knowledge valorization. You will
- carry out risk and security research, with a genuine interest in operating at the crossroads of management sciences and technology;
- improve your home-based specific expertise and develop an interdisciplinary research line;
- build our research ecosystem (e.g., by acquiring external research funding);
- (co-)teach, develop and coordinate courses in our Bachelor and Master programs of Business & IT and International Business Administration;
- guide students from these programs in their graduation assignments;
- develop expertise in novel data-driven research methods and work jointly with BMS lab (a lab that develops expertise in using industrial and behavioral research datasets for research);
- supervise PhD students.
Bedrijfsprofiel Universiteit Twente
HBE department holds a leading position at the interfaces of business, technology, and the social sciences. We strive to impact the business and public sectors by conducting cross-disciplinary research through our ground-breaking research and novel education programs. We combine various themes such as smart industry, supply chain management, transportation, and logistics management, innovation management, healthcare operations, technology-based entrepreneurship, purchasing and supply management, cyber security, financial engineering, HRM, organizational change, and leadership. Do you want to be a part of a forward-thinking team-based environment to expand the borders of your home subject area and develop cross-disciplinary expertise? Join our team and strive to make a significant impact on science and society.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of the University of Twente. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!