You contribute to research, teaching, and knowledge valorisation. You will
- Conduct research within the focus areas of accounting & finance, with a genuine interest in operating at the crossroads of different subject areas (especially finance and technology);
- (Co-)teach and coordinate courses in the BSc and MSc programs of (International) Business Administration, particularly (but not exclusively) in accounting, corporate governance, or corporate finance;
- Supervise students during their BSc & MSc thesis research;
- Contribute to the supervision of PhD students;
- Co-build our research and teaching ecosystem (e.g., by acquiring external research funding).
- Hold a PhD degree in finance, economics, accounting or a related field;
- Have research experience in this field, with relevant publications in reputable academic journals, presentations at international scientific conferences, and other academic activities;
- Are motivated to conduct (fundamental and applied) research in a multidisciplinary, high-tech business environment;
- Have the ambition to work together with companies and government agencies;
- Have teaching experience at an internationally accredited university;
- Possess good communication skills and an excellent command of English;
- Hold a University Teaching Qualification certificate (or an equivalent of this), or are willing to acquire this.
They offer a permanent position (1.0 FTE) with a one-year probationary period (formally a 1-year contract with the prospect of a permanent contract). The starting salary, depending on your experience, ranges between € 3.821 to € 5.943 gross per month, based on the job profile of Assistant Professor. In addition, the University of Twente offers additional attractive employment conditions (8% holiday allowance, 8.3% end-of-year bonus, solid pension scheme, sabbatical leave, professional and personal development programs, etc.).
Bedrijfsprofiel Universiteit Twente
About the organization:
The Faculty of Behavioral, Management and Social sciences (BMS) aims to play a key role in understanding, jointly developing and evaluating innovations in society. Technological developments are the engine of innovation. As a technical university that puts people first, we tailor them to human needs and behavior and use social engineering to integrate them into society. We also ensure adequate governance at public and private level, and robust, inclusive and fair organizational structures. We do this by developing, sharing and applying high-quality knowledge in Psychology, Business Administration, Public Administration, Communication Sciences, Philosophy, Educational Sciences and Health Sciences. Our research and education in these disciplines revolves around tackling and solving societal challenges. The research programs of BMS are closely linked to the research of the UT institutes Mesa+ Institute for Nanotechnology, TechMed Center and Digital Society Institute.
As an employer, the Faculty of BMS offers work that matters. They equip you to create new possibilities for yourself and for their society. With them, you will become part of a leading technical university with increasing, positive social impact. They offer an open, inclusive and entrepreneurial atmosphere, in which they encourage you to make healthy choices, for example through their flexible, adaptable benefits.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of the University of Twente. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working? You can do this by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!