The major challenges for the research program are (a) development of interdisciplinary theories and methodologies of behavior change; (b) development and evaluation of technology to support the monitoring and coaching of implicit and explicit psychological and behavioural processes in citizens, patients, and healthcare professionals; (c) development of innovative and motivational measurement methodology, including technology as a way of collecting, analyzing, and translating big data in behavioural interventions.
The major challenges for the educational program are (a) to innovate education and attract talented students in Health Psychology and Technology in the Bachelor and Master Programs in Psychology; (b) to cooperate with other educational programs, like Health Sciences as well as with multidisciplinary High Tech, Human Touch modules; (c) to coordinate innovative teaching efforts like the Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) eHealth.
- has a strong publication record and a vision on future development of the field psychology and in persuasive health technology; in particular in methodologies to develop technology that is user-oriented and implementable in practice;
- has strong collaborative capabilities, managerial and communication skills;
- show vision and drive;
- is active in networks for obtaining (multinational) research funding, and conduct research within a multidisciplinary environment;
- has ability to further develop and renew highly attractive education and to establish a lifelong learning infrastructure using new technologies (like MOOC, VR etc.);
- is passionate to teach at all levels and possess a University Teaching Qualification (UTQ) certificate, or equivalent international qualifications;
- has an excellent command of English, at least at C2 level.
- a dynamic, cooperative work environment with entrepreneurial and enthusiastic colleagues;
- novel research method support using our BMS lab facility and newly setup industry lab;
- extra's such as an 8,3% end-of-year bonus and 8% holiday allowance;
- an attractive pension scheme;
- possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave;
- minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment;
- professional and personal development programs;
- a family friendly institution, offering support for dual hiring.
Bedrijfsprofiel Universiteit Twente
The University of Twente (UT) invites scholars with an excellent research and teaching record to apply for the position of Full Professor in Health Psychology and Persuasive Health Technology in the department of Technology, Human and Institutional Behaviour (HIB), section Psychology, Health and Technology (PHT) of the faculty Behavioural, Management and Social Sciences (BMS).
We offer an exciting position in a stimulating, international environment. The section has a focus on the development and evaluation of engaging personalized and adaptive interventions. We have a strong culture of interdisciplinary research within the Health and Institutional Behaviour department, but also in collaboration with technological groups like Industrial Design or Human-Media Interaction. Furthermore, we have longstanding collaboration with hospitals and other healthcare organizations. Various initiatives and infrastructures at Twente will enable exciting opportunities for research and education, in particular the Center for eHealth and Wellbeing research. Furthermore, there is an opportunity to contribute to BMS Faculty themes like health and resilience, and connect to interdisciplinary university-wide collaborations such as the TechMed Centre and the Digital Society Institute.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of the University of Twente. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working? You can do this by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!