About your future job
We offer the possibility of working in an exciting and technically challenging domain providing technical training programmes for our customers about maintaining our systems and solutions.
Our systems (or sensors) are radar or electro optical systems containing various technologies and networks, with a combat management system in place to combine the inputs from these sensors to enable users (operators) to control the use of effectors on board the naval platform. Maintenance on our systems typically includes areas like computer clusters, IP networking and security, motor drives, cooling and RF. Depending on the training subject, skills and/or experience are requested in these areas.
In the role of Technical Trainer you will be part of the training team where each member takes care of several systems and/or audiences, during several phases of the systems/solutions lifecycle (initial and repeat courses). Our training programmes focus mainly on different levels of maintainers or operators and can be tailored to fit customer specific requirements. You will work both at our premises and at customer locations (land-based test locations and on board of ships) around the world.
The main tasks are:
- Specify and develop training plan and material, in cooperation with logistic engineers, technical authors, system test engineers and project teams;
- Perform setting to works and maintenance tasks including the review of customer manuals to prepare for training deliveries;
- Deliver training programmes in our Thales International Training Centre or at customer locations.
- Act as host for our trainees, together with our Welfare Officer and project team;
- Collect information for our support teams in case of technical and/or performance problems;
- Participate in services such as system health checks, maintenance and repair.
We are in search of a colleague who:
- Is an enthusiastic professional with the ambition to work on a broad variety of systems with
- customers from around the world. We are looking for a hands-on colleague who is interested in working with both legacy and new technologies, as we support our products during their long product life cycle.
- Bachelor/Master in the technical domain, e.g. Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Physics.
- Proven didactic skills, knowledge of teaching meth.
- Able to analyse and interpret complex hardware / software specifications and documentation.
- Professional language skills in English (verbal and writing); German is a plus.
- Analytical and problem-solving capacity.
- Ability to empathize with other cultures and customs.
- Flexibility to travel (2 to 3 times per year, for about 2 to 4 weeks; world).
What's in it for you
- A challenging job in a great team within our high-tech, innovative work environment. Includes the freedom for initiative and good ideas.
- Room for personal and professional growth within our organisation, for example in regards to technical, commercial or international skills.
- Valuable international collaboration with coworkers from 68 different countries around the globe.
- A comfortable work space in a modern environment, with a focus on flexibility and the right work life balance.
- You can usually work where and whenever you want. Within Thales, we aim for a 60/40 balance, where you work from home at least two days a week, when your role allows this.
- A good salary, fitting travel allowance, and the ability to personalise your employment conditions: for instance, you can trade PTO for internet costs, our bicycle plan, company fitness and relocation costs.
- 40 days off per year (PTO). Yes, really.
Bedrijfsprofiel Thales Nederland
In the Customer Training department of Thales Netherlands, we have made it our mission to transfer knowledge and skills to our trainees, enabling them to safely and efficiently operate/maintain the Thales combat systems and sensors, allowing them to act at decisive moments. Fort the Customer Training Department we are in search for a: Technical Trainer - Radar Maintenance.
Via onderstaande sollicitatie button kom je terecht op de site van de werkgever. Mocht de vacaturelink niet meer werken, dan is de vacature verlopen en kun je niet meer solliciteren. Wij proberen uiteraard ons vacaturebestand zo actueel mogelijk te houden. Wil je ons daarmee helpen en ons een bericht sturen als een link niet meer werkt? Dit kun je doen door ons te mailen op email@example.com.
Wil je op de hoogte blijven van andere interessante vacatures in Twente? Schrijf je dan in hier