You are responsible for the performance of a team consisting of mechanical architects, analysts and engineers (in total appr. 30 direct reports). Your team is responsible for all the mechanical engineering activities concerning the development of our high-tech radar equipment. You will be part of the Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Management Team and will work closely together with other engineering disciplines (e.g. System Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Test Engineering, etc.) and also with Supply Chain Management.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated people manager to lead the Mechanical Design team. You will lead, develop and coach a team of engineering professionals in a motivating and inspiring way. With your experience and knowledge, you will be able to work closely with your team to secure our objectives in a predictable way. Your main goal is the realization of a strong delivery focused culture in your team.
Within this role your main responsibilities are:
- Competence and skill management within your team to guarantee the best level of competitiveness
- Proactively manage the planning of resources to successfully staff development projects
- Lead the deployment and improvement of processes, methods, tools for the mechanical discipline.
- Ensure that processes are being followed during the execution of our engineering activities
- Manage the technical innovation roadmap for the mechanical discipline
Why you'd be a good match
- Completed degree in Mechanical Engineering
- You are an experienced people manager with at least 3 years of experience in a management role, looking for a next step;
- You are a team player with strong dedication to achieve common team goals;=
- You have a clear sense of how to leverage your personality and experience to bring out the best in others and yourself;
- You have good interpersonal skills with the ability to manage expectations and explain technical detail at different levels;
- You have a “can-do” and “why-not-this” mentality: entrepreneurial, flexible and open mindset;
- You are fluent in Dutch and English.
What's in it for you
- A challenging job in a great team within our high-tech, innovative work environment. Includes the freedom for initiative and good ideas.
- Room for personal and professional growth within our organization, for example in regards to technical, commercial or international skills.
- Valuable international collaboration with coworkers from 68 different countries around the globe.
- A comfortable work space in a modern environment, with a focus on flexibility and the right work life balance.
- You can usually work where and whenever you want. Within Thales, we aim for a 60/40 balance, where you work from home at least two days a week, when your role allows this.
- A good salary, fitting travel allowance, and the ability to personalize your employment conditions: for instance, you can trade PTO for internet costs, our bicycle plan, company fitness and relocation costs.
- 40 days off per year (PTO). Yes, really.
Bedrijfsprofiel Thales Nederland
Our Engineering organization is responsible for the development and design and of our radars and on-board systems in various domains: radars, fire control and combat management equipment. The engineering activities within you team consist of the mechanical designs of rotary joints, support structures, cooling and filtering units, thermal and stress calculations etc.
Via onderstaande sollicitatie button kom je terecht op de site van de werkgever. Mocht de vacaturelink niet meer werken, dan is de vacature verlopen en kun je niet meer solliciteren. Wij proberen uiteraard ons vacaturebestand zo actueel mogelijk te houden. Wil je ons daarmee helpen en ons een bericht sturen als een link niet meer werkt? Dit kun je doen door ons te mailen op firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wil je op de hoogte blijven van andere interessante vacatures in Twente? Schrijf je dan in hier