As an Engineering Tooling Expert, you will work close together with the Engineering Environment Manager, IS/IT department and the Thales Corporate Engineering team. You will work with people in transversal teams of system -, software- and hardware- engineering.
As Engineering Tooling Expert you will:
- Support the Engineering department with sustaining, integration and development of the tooling landscape for the whole Engineering Department A;
- Build together with the Engineering Environment Manager the Engineering Environment roadmap which will serve as the basis for the future;
- Translate the needs of Engineering towards requirements for the workbenches;
- Analyse the current ways of working together with the Engineering Environment Manager and prepare improvements for the working environment in the various disciplines;
- Lead introduction of new tooling and phasing out of existing tooling in combination with data migrations;
- Be actively involved in special assignments to investigate and improve subjects.
- Completed Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in System-, Software-, Electrical- or Mechanical Engineering;
- Has proven experience in a high-tech engineering environment, security, or defence;
- Has relevant experience in engineering development practices in large projects;
- Good knowledge about standards and best practices in engineering
- Works comfortably in a multidisciplinary team and engages stakeholders in a cross-cultural environments;
- Keeps the overview at all times, is proactive and able to overcome challenges;
- Brings structure and clarity, sets goals and is result-driven
- Excellent communication skills in English;
- Is curious to understand the background of an issue/challenge and solution oriented;
- Due to screening requirements, EU nationality is a must.
- A challenging job in a great team within our high-tech, innovative work environment. Includes the freedom for initiative and good ideas;
- Room for personal and professional growth within our organisation, for example in regards to technical, commercial or international skills;
- Valuable international collaboration with coworkers from 68 different countries around the globe;
- A comfortable work space in a modern environment, with a focus on flexibility and the right work life balance;
- You can usually work where and when you want to be able to do your work as well and efficiently as possible. Within Thales we implement hybrid working, where you can, for example, work from home two days a week if your role allows it;
- A good salary, fitting travel allowance, and the ability to personalise your employment conditions: for instance, you can trade days off for internet costs, our bicycle plan, company fitness and relocation costs;
- 40 days off per year (PTO). Yes, really.
Bedrijfsprofiel Thales Nederland
The Engineering Operations team within Thales Netherlands consists of people with different backgrounds, multiple skills which supports all engineering disciplines (systems -, software -, and hardware engineering) in their day to day business concerning, processes, methods, tools, practices and improvements in all areas. The Engineering team performs all engineering activities (System Definition, Hardware, Software and Test and Integration) for the realization of total solutions and sensors systems for naval and ground based applications. To support our engineers and engineering managers, we are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Engineering Tooling Expert.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of the Thales. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working? You can do this by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!