The focus of the Team Manager (TM) is the realization of a strong delivery focused culture in the FCS System Engineering group, taking care of skills development, sufficient resources and engineering processes/-tools.
The TM reports to the Engineering Manager of Segment (EMS) for FCS and to the Head of Discipline (HoD). For cross-segment disciplines the TM is reporting to the HoD. The TM leads a system engineering team (system architects, system engineers and system IVVQ engineers), that is involved in the execution of bids and engineering developments for products and projects in the most efficient way.
The TM is responsible for making sure that competence management is performed to guarantee the best level of competitiveness, provides appropriate resources against the segment needs, e.g. workload, process, practices, tools and skills together with the HoD. The TM Is responsible that all aspects of the discipline are controlled and stable along all lifecycle phases of bids and projects for the segments.
TM’s provide a conduit for the sharing of state-of-the-art knowledge across the discipline, and are responsible for lessons learned and capitalization within their discipline.
More specifically, the TM will:
- The TM is responsible for building and maintaining a delivery-focussed disciplinary team to master the responsibilities of the Engineering discipline in relation to the expectations from the corresponding Product Segment; understanding the dynamics of individuals, groups and culture; adapting behavior and influencing others to realise high performing teams. The TM shall prepare his/her discipline for the future in close alignment with the HoD and EMS (e.g number of resources, skill development and quality). The TM is responsible for developing the competences in their discipline and growing people through development paths.
- Is responsible for people development (skills management, training, coaching, career path development).
- Is responsible for continuously improvement of craft and competences.
- Is responsible to flow down the delivery objectives coming from WPMs to the engineers .
- Performs appraisals and salary reviews of the direct reports.
- Sales and Operations Planning
- TMs shall use the S&OP demand and supply reviews for their Engineering discipline for resource needs – escalating via the EMS and HoD to Naval NL Management. The workload/workforce gap analysis and actions are managed between the EMS and the TM supported by the HoD.
- The direct reports of the TM are involved in the bids. TM is Responsible for the commitments taken during the bid process for the part of the bid associated with the engineering discipline activities in his/her scope.
- The TM is Responsible for the execution of engineering discipline activities delivered by the engineering segment. TMs manage the number of resources and skills for the discipline of their responsibility.
- Core / Non-core and Make Team Buy
- Design Develop Qualify the Solution activities:
- The TM is Responsible for making sure that products, projects and service solutions within their engineering discipline segment are managed on time, cost and quality, and supportability objectives through the work packages managed by EDM and WPM.
- The processes, practices and tools are defined and deployed in the engineering discipline to optimize the work performed. The TM is responsible for the process adherence in coordination with the HoD. Capitalization of the work performed and lessons learned are used to improve continuously e.g. building blocks, cost models, best practices. The TM is responsible for making sure that the agreed processes are followed.
- Has a clear sense of how to leverage your personality and experience to bring out the best in others and yourself;
- Will set the direction, provide energy and connect with your team;
- Has good interpersonal handling skills with the ability to manage expectations;
- Has experience with people management, team management and being able to understand the challenges the team is dealing with;
- is analytical and solution focused;
- Has a relevant degree in one of the following subjects: science, electronic engineering, mathematics or science-based subjects;
- has affinity with or experience in System Engineering (e.g. Requirements Engineering, Model Based Engineering);
- Is highly creative, initiative, pragmatic and persuasive;
- Has affinity with project / products engineering;
- Is fluentin spoken and written English and Dutch.
- A challenging job in a great team within our high-tech, innovative work environment. Includes the freedom for initiative and good ideas.
- Room for personal and professional growth within our organisation, for example in regards to technical, commercial or international skills.
- Valuable international collaboration with coworkers from 68 different countries around the globe.
- A comfortable work space in a modern environment, with a focus on flexibility and the right work life balance.
- You can usually work where and when you want to be able to do your work as well and efficiently as possible. Within Thales we implement hybrid working, where you can, for example, work from home two days a week if your role allows it.
- A good salary, fitting travel allowance, and the ability to personalise your employment conditions: for instance, you can trade days off for internet costs, our bicycle plan, company fitness and relocation costs.
- 40 days off per year (PTO). Yes, really.
Bedrijfsprofiel Thales Nederland
The Above Water Warfare Fire Control System (AWW-FCS) protects ships and other units from above-water threats. These threats are becoming faster, smarter and more complex. To this end, AWW-FCS uses Thales' next-generation dual-band radar suite, which integrates an Active Phased-Array Radar (APAR) in the X-band with a Sea Master 400 radar in the S-band.
Anti-ship missiles go three to five times faster than the speed of sound with increasingly complex behavior. When several of these threats come up against them simultaneously, it becomes more difficult for human operators to take efficient and effective protection measures. The AWW-FCS provides the necessary information to make the right decision within seconds.
With a combination of a new generation of sensors and an intelligent Fire Control System, it continuously assesses which methods are best suited to engage the detected threat. A Fire Control System combines the radar and the intelligent algorithm which is designed to assist a ranged weapon system in targeting, tracking and hitting its target.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of the Thales. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working? You can do this by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!