As a system System Architect you work in an international multidisciplinary team on the design, development and validation of a command & control system. Your team consists of representatives of the customer, suppliers of subsystems and other parties involved. In the team you are responsible for the technical design. Activities include amongst others:
- Discuss operational needs together with the customer;
- Design the architecture of the command & control system;
- Define the functional behaviour of the system;
- Define the architecture of the solution;
- Manage technical issues of subcontracts during the development of the Mission Solution;
- Demonstrate the solution to the customer.
- You have a completed degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering, or similar;
- You identify as a generalist with a broad interest in technology;
- You have excellent communication skills, and you able to work in multidisciplinary teams;
- You have a high level of creativity, you take the initiative, and you are known for your pragmatism and persuasiveness;
- You have affinity with project management;
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Dutch is a must for this role;
- Flexibility with respect to travelling abroad.
- A challenging job in a great team within our high-tech, innovative work environment. Includes the freedom for initiative and good ideas;
- Room for personal and professional growth within our organisation, for example in regards to technical, commercial or international skills;
- Valuable international collaboration with coworkers from 68 different countries around the globe;
- A comfortable work space in a modern environment, with a focus on flexibility and the right work life balance;
- You can usually work where and when you want to be able to do your work as well and efficiently as possible. Within Thales we implement hybrid working, where you can, for example, work from home two days a week if your role allows it;
- A good salary, fitting travel allowance, and the ability to personalise your employment conditions: for instance, you can trade days off for internet costs, our bicycle plan, company fitness and relocation costs;
- 40 days off per year (PTO). Yes, really.
Bedrijfsprofiel Thales Nederland
The Solution Engineering Group performs all system engineering activities for the realization of a command & control system on board of naval ships.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of the Thales. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working? You can do this by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!