You will be in charge of the Services activities. In this position, you are a member of the Supply Chain Management Team and will report directly to the Naval Industry & Supply Chain Director. Your main responsibilities are:
- To manage the Production Line team, with 3 line managers and 2 industrial work package managers, as an autonomous organization with accountability for its own performance.
- You will lead and develop the team: you are a people manager with an eye for people development and engagement. You execute the hiring plan, manage the strategic workforce planning and follow the annual HR cycle with check-in, appraisals, talent reviews, professional development and training plans.
- Play a vital role in introducing and managing change, and developing a continuous improvement culture based on Lean and Industry 4.0 principles
- You define and implement the overall industrial structure with a solid organization, staff and skills, investments, teaming and partnering. This should be all in accordance with the Make, Team, Buy policy and requirements in terms of offset operations
- While meeting your industrial targets, your main focus areas are customer satisfaction (e.g. quality, on-time delivery) and efficiency (e.g. production costs, lead time reductions)
- Define and manage the department budget
- Accountable for all activities concerning management of the physical and related information flows. This includes the preparation, planning, and execution of repairs / production and delivery
- Guarantee the effective deployment, maintenance and improvement of industrial tools and processes (ERP, Chorus, etc )
- You have a relevant Master degree (Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management…)
- Strong leadership skills and management of Supply Chain or multi-disciplinary team (at least 10 years experience as Line Manager)
- Proven records in a High Mix / High Tech / Low volume Supply Chain environment
- APICS certification (CPIM or CSCP…) is a plus
- Strong background in lean manufacturing (Black Belt or equivalent)
- Good knowledge of production IT Environment (ERP, PLM,…)
- Passion for Services is a plus
- Proven track record with transformation plan / change management
- You have already been part of a Management Team
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- An interesting job within a nice team in an international high-tech environment;
- Room for and attention to personal development and personal initiative;
- The opportunity to grow within the organization, for instance on a technical, managerial, commercial or international level;
- An open and flexible work environment where a good work-life balance is considered important;
- A pleasant workplace in "the best building in the Netherlands" (Public’s Choice Award, 2015) with our own Starbucks corner;
- Excellent work conditions, with 40 holidays a year, among other benefits.
What's in it for you
- A challenging job in a great team within our high-tech, innovative work environment. Includes the freedom for initiative and good ideas.
- Room for personal and professional growth within our organisation, for example in regards to technical, commercial or international skills.
- Valuable international collaboration with coworkers from 68 different countries around the globe.
- A comfortable work space in a modern environment, with a focus on flexibility and the right work life balance.
- You can usually work where and when you want to be able to do your work as well and efficiently as possible. Within Thales we implement hybrid working, where you can, for example, work from home two days a week if your role allows it.
- A good salary, fitting travel allowance, and the ability to personalise your employment conditions: for instance, you can trade days off for internet costs, our bicycle plan, company fitness and relocation costs.
- 40 days off per year (PTO). Yes, really.
Bedrijfsprofiel Thales Nederland
The team consists of around 50 people working in Production Engineering, Logistics, Planning, Repairs, Manufacturing and Test, organized in 2 work cells and 1 production support team. This team is part of the Production Line ‘Services’ and ensures the realization and deliveries of Service Parts (repairs and spares) and the realization of Reverse Logistics (Field Services, Systems / Products Overhauls) within the Supply Chain and Industry organization for Naval products and services in Hengelo. The team is dynamic and diverse and looks for a manager with both an eye for the people in the team as well as significant experience and knowledge in the area of service parts and reverse logistics.
We are in search for a: Production Line / Industrial Manager Services
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Thales. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working? You can do this by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!