About the team
Quality & Customer Satisfaction (QCS) is responsible for assuring the quality of operational activities (such as bids, projects, products and services) and supporting the maturity growth and performance improvement of the organisation. We do this to improve customer satisfaction and to drive competitiveness. QCS enhances the ownership of operational teams for the quality of their output and strengthens the learning, improvement and problem-solving capabilities of these teams. QCS develops the maturity of the organisation as a whole by leveraging operational best practises. QCS is responsible to provide an independent view on operational performance to senior management.
About your future job
You work as a representative of Quality & Improvement within the Hardware Engineering discipline with the aim to improve the quality and maturity of the discipline through supporting both operational teams and the management teams. One of your core tasks is ensuring that available processes, methods, practises and tools are reliable, implemented and deployed, that employees are trained to the required level of competence and that the discipline is organised such that it is able to meet its commitments, now and in the future. In this role, you’ll be working together in close cooperation with another QL Hardware Engineering. The both of you will cover the hardware Engineering discipline in the departments Radar Front-End (RF) and Mechanical Electrical Engineering (MEE).
You will serve as a “go-to” person for management and operational teams, providing help in applying processes, practises and tools, monitoring quality on various levels, identifying risks and (help) solving problems structurally in the context of our hardware developments. Empowering the teams to take responsibility for managing quality on a daily basis is something you enjoy. You support the management through advising on strengths, weaknesses and risks within the organisation. Additionally, don’t forget to ensure an effective and continuous improvement loop through lessons learnt, Root Cause Analysis (RCA) etc., and support the definition and execution of improvement plans thereby ensuring connection to the (daily) issues of the engineers. You are thus a linking pin between management and operational teams.
Within QCS department you will work together with the other Engineering Quality Leaders (Solution and Software) and Quality Leaders in the Service, Industry and Procurement Domain. Furthermore, you interface with the Quality Assurance Managers (QAM) in Project and Product Development on a regular basis.
- A relevant technical degree, such as engineering, business management
- Professional experience in hardware development, engineering and/or high-tech business context
- Profound interest and professional experience in high-tech systems, processes, quality, and the defence domain
- The ability to work in a dynamic, complex and multi-national environment wherein you manage/influence various stakeholders, create (quality) awareness and challenge the status quo
- Leaderships skills that enables you to create solutions out of complexity, influence stakeholders, perform through cooperation and engage and develop teams
- A challenging job in a great team within our high-tech, innovative work environment. Includes the freedom for initiative and good ideas.
- Room for personal and professional growth within our organisation, for example in regards to technical, commercial or international skills.
- Valuable international collaboration with coworkers from 68 different countries around the globe.
- A comfortable work space in a modern environment, with a focus on flexibility and the right work life balance.
- You can usually work where and whenever you want. Within Thales, we aim for a 60/40 balance, where you work from home at least two days a week, when your role allows this.
- A good salary, fitting travel allowance, and the ability to personalise your employment conditions: for instance, you can trade PTO for internet costs, our bicycle plan, company fitness and relocation costs.
- 40 days off per year (PTO). Yes, really.
Bedrijfsprofiel Thales Nederland
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Thales in Twente! In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!