Within Sqills we work with Agile DevOps teams. These teams are a combination of Developers, Testers, and a Product Owner. Each team is jointly responsible for the entire development cycle of their microservice(s).
Being responsible also means that you prevent and solve problems in the various production environments. You will do this with the help of New Relic, Sentry, Kibana and Prometheus to name but a few tools. Does something go wrong late at night? Then the team will be notified immediately.
Within the teams, we work with different programming languages (e.g., Java, Go, Rust, Kotlin,), which allows you to continue to challenge yourself here too.
What will you do?
You will work with your team on our product: S3 Passenger. Every DevOps team within Sqills is responsible for their own S3 Passenger component(s). Because S3 Passenger consists of multiple microservices, the system continues to be scalable.
Finding new ways to do something better than before is something we encourage. For example, maybe you have an idea for new techniques or methods to use. This means that at Sqills, there is room for your own initiative! As a part of the team, you will be partly responsible for the following:
- Designing and implementing microservices for S3 Passenger;
- Transforming functionalities into software solutions and bridging the gap between the desired functionality and the technical solution;
- Defining, implementing, and maintaining the non-functional requirements like performance, security and reliability;
- Your own software, where you are also responsible for automatic unit and integration tests;
- The implementation of the service on the infrastructure and monitoring your team’s own microservices.
We are looking for someone with…
- A completed IT education at HBO or WO level;
- Strong analytical skills;
- An eagerness to learn and someone who is truly happy when it comes to learning new skills knowledge and developing it further;
- Excellent communication skills in both Dutch and English.
At Sqills you get the opportunity to put your knowledge into practice right away, but we also think it is important that you get a chance to continue to develop into the IT professional you want to be. Here you get experience by doing, but also by learning.
That’s why you’ll join in with the daily stand-ups with one of our DevOps teams right away and gain practical experience. Because you only truly get better at something by doing it again and again.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Sqills. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!