You help the next generation of designers to develop their skills, knowledge and attitude. You use your experience in the creative industry to teach our students the production process of real time interactive media. This includes topics like game/level design, UI/UX design, design thinking, prototyping, narrative design. You have a drive for new technology like XR/AI and an industry-related professional mindset.
- Preferably a master’s degree, with industry experience in game and media production.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Industry experience as a game/level/UI/UX designer.
- Unity 3d or Unreal workflow.
- Eager to teach and coach new talent, with a broad network within the creative industry.
Working at Saxion means working on inspiring, future-oriented education and research. You will fulfil an exciting position, working independently in a dynamic, socially relevant organisation that matters. The position provides you with plenty of opportunities to take initiative and develop.
We also offer the following:
- A maximum salary of € 4.569,56 up to € 5.332,48 (scale 10 or 11 – cao-hbo) working on a full-time basis.
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% year-end bonus
- You will be offered a temporary contract with a view to permanency as lecturer/researcher 2 or 1.
- A generous leave policy. For example: if you work full-time and have opted for a 40-hour week you can take 428 hours of leave annually. This means you will have 53.5 holiday leave days, including statutory holiday days and public holidays.
- Personal development: follow an inspirational webinar, workshop or training course at our internal Saxion Academy, do a career check or explore the possibilities of taking a master’s degree or PhD programme or professional doctorate.
- The Saxion Hybrid Working Package
- A comprehensive retirement plan. See the cao-hbo for more information.
- 100% allowance for travel by public transport and tax benefits on the purchase of a bicycle.
At Saxion we explore future developments, look beyond our borders and disciplines and drive innovation. By doing this together we contribute to a smarter, safer and more sustainable world. We question how significant technological innovations are and how they can contribute to humanity, society and our planet. We teach our students to look at social issues from a broad perspective and to come up with practical solutions.
School of Creative Technology (ACT)
As lecturer/researcher at Saxion, you will be a member of the CMGT team which provide education and research for the CMGT bachelorprogramme. This team is part of the School of Creative Technology (ACT). ACT is continuously working on finding the right balance between creativity and technology to prepare students for their future in a dynamic work environment.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of the Saxion. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working? You can do this by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!