You are going to:
- contribute to multiple research projects in the field of control & manipulation together with students, colleagues from our research group and network partners from industry or research institutes.
- Modular technologies that you will use are modelling of kinematic/dynamic interaction, optimal/robust path planning and control engineering.
- Typical examples of application are interaction control (passive as well as active) with significant disturbance by external environment, constrained path planning and target manipulation;
- design, build and validate new solutions, resulting in new prototypes and applied solutions for industrial partners;
- contribute with ideas for new research in collaboration with the associate professors;
- assist in project coordination (e.g. as a workpackage leader);
- contribute to education by giving lectures in your field of expertise and/or coach students in projects;
- suggest and implement improvement of study material for bachelor courses, based on new developments in your area of expertise.
- interested in solving engineering problems and applying knowledge in the field of control & manipulation;
- curious and creative: always interested in finding new applications and solutions;
- enthusiastic team player, who is driven to contribute to team results and ambitious to learn and grow?
Your Qualifications and Experience:
- bachelor of Science in a relevant technical discipline, like mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, applied physics, applied computer science or mechatronics;
- an open mind and ability to motivate students;
- good communication skills, in English;
- 2 years of experience with (applied) research or engineering projects;
- demonstratable experience with actuation systems;
- knowledge of and experience with implementation of control for robotics or mechatronics systems;
- good understanding of mathematics and dynamics is essential;
- experience with software toolboxes used in control, like C++, ROS (1 or 2) and Matlab is a strong plus;
- affinity with kinematics and modelling of dynamics is a plus?
We offer an exciting position in which you work independently in a socially relevant and dynamic organization. There is plenty of room for initiatives and development. You get a temporary appointment as lecturer/researcher 2. The position is initially for the duration of one year with an option for extension. Your salary is, depending on your knowledge and experience, up to € 4.569,57 (scale 10 - cao-hbo) with a full working week. In addition, you will receive 8% vacation allowance, a year-end bonus of 8.3%, the opportunity for a generous number of days off. You will also have the opportunity to continue to develop yourself both personally and professionally by following internal and/or external training or education. Saxion strives for diversity in the composition of its employee teams.
Your new working environment
As technological developments and innovations change the world —making it smarter every day—Saxion University of Applied Sciences asks itself: how can we best contribute to this change? Now and in the future.
At Saxion, we believe that to be part of tomorrow’s world we need to learn, think and act differently together. We can do this by focusing on Living Technology. For us, the question is what do technological innovations mean and how can they contribute to humanity, society and our planet? This starts with the way that we connect knowledge and technology.
Saxion provides forward-looking and flexible education. Ready to answer the questions of tomorrow and tailored to suit individual talents and abilities. We teach our students to look at social issues from a broad perspective and to come up with practical solutions. This includes enthusiastic, collaborative employees who dare to move with the changing world and who are continuously improving education and support for our students.
We are an open organization with and for talent. Interaction with the world around us can only take shape in an open culture. Saxion wants to be an organization focused on talent development and knowledge sharing, where everyone feels welcome and can be themselves.
Research with impact
Issues in society form the basis of our applied research. We connect students with researchers and experts in the professional field.
Together we work on sustainable solutions for urgent social issues. Real solutions, that let businesses and organizations take the next step, and so shape our future together.
Our region is the place we are proud of and feel connected with. Although we also look beyond our national borders. We stimulate the entrepreneurship of our students and put knowledge and innovative power into practice. Together with our partners and the business community, we are strengthening our region.
Examples of research projects can be found on https://www.saxion.nl/onderzoek/smart-industry/mechatronica/research
At the School, Life Science, Engineering & Design (LED), we train technical professionals who can undertake interdisciplinary work, innovate and apply technologies in conjunction with one other. We believe it is important to interweave social issues and research into education. That is why in the domains of Life Science and Engineering intensive collaboration between research, education and the professional field takes place, in which students are also closely involved. We offer an inspiring and effective learning, work and research environment, focused on applied technologies and recent (inter)national developments in the broad professional field. LED delivers applied research and education to approximately 2,700 students and employs approximately 230 employees.
Education within the School centres takes place in the following study programmes: Bachelor: Biology & Medical Laboratory Research; Chemistry; Chemical Engineering; Forensic Science; Industrial Design Engineering; Computer Science; Engineering Physics; Electrical and Electronic Engineering; Mechanical Engineering; Mechatronics.
Master: Applied Nanotechnology, Robotic Systems Engineering; Associate Degree: Engineering.
Research within the School takes place in seven research groups: Lightweight Construction, Sustainable Energy Systems, Industrial Design, International Water Technology, Nano Technology , Mechatronics and Advanced Forensic Technology.
The research group of mechatronics at Saxion is the largest research group, in which applied research and innovative solutions are developed in the research programs of Unmanned Robotic Systems and Smart Industrial Systems, with specializations in sensing & perception, control & manipulation, and cognition &AI. Together with the regional and (inter)national partners, the group develops innovative, impactful and applicable technologies and technological solutions based on the latest scientific insights. The research group is active in several projects involving more than 100 public and private partners. Currently, the research group employees more than 30 research engineers, and more 300 students are involved in the running projects annually.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Saxion. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working? You can do this by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!