As a (Senior) Process Development Engineer at Micronit you describe, develop and complete process designs for customers based on glass, polymer, silicon or other raw materials.
Your position aims at realizing customer success by design and engineering of processes and supervision of customer related development projects. Within projects often the focus is on developing processes for customer products or developing processes for the production department. Project tasks can vary from making prototypes, process development to coordination of projects or work packages.
The main goal is to transfer feasible and volume compatible process designs from the development stage to production. You will have a coaching role within the engineering team and within running projects. You will have full responsibility for individual projects or parts of such; i.e. work-packages. There is also an important role in the innovations and improvements of Micronit’s products and processes. The work is mainly within the Product Development teams; Project Management, Product Design and Process Engineering, and in close collaboration with other departments like sales, Core Technology and production teams.
Position within the company
As a (Senior) Process Development Engineer you are part of the Process Engineering department. The Process Engineering department translates customer or internal requests to feasible and volume compatible process designs. You will contribute to the customer’s success and continuous improvement of the Process Engineering team targets meeting the company’s goals by managing your own projects and coach your colleagues.
- Development of new processes and/or improvements of current processes for the fabrication of polymeric and hybrid microfluidic devices
- Selection of process equipment suppliers matching Micronit’s strategic requirements
- Visiting relevant process equipment suppliers and assess whether they are at the same level as Micronit in terms of quality standards
- Executing and facilitating the FAT and SAT and commissioning of newly purchased equipment
- Transfer of the new processes to the Production Engineering department by proper documentation and education
- Master’s degree or PhD
- Relevant experience in or in depth knowledge of polymer science
- Minimum of 5 years in customer specific medical product development
- Experience with polymer-based customer related projects and process development is a must.
- Experience with product development in microtechnology, Life Science and / or (bio) medical applications under ISO13485 conditions.
- Knowledge of polymer processing and scale up to production
- Knowledge of GMP is preferred
- English and preferably Dutch (oral and written)
- Very good communication and cooperation
- Assertive and creative
- Structured and organized
- Pragmatic and hands-on
- Critical attitude and perseverance
In addition to a challenging job, Micronit offers plenty of opportunities for further development and growth within a company with very interesting technology. The current position is available immediately.
Bedrijfsprofiel Micronit Microtechnologies
You get to work at the Micronit’s cleanroom production facility together with colleagues from Production, Production Engineering and Process Engineering (location High Tech Factory, University of Twente, Enschede).
In principle, the work takes place during normal office hours, but a flexible working attitude and willingness to travel is expected; i.e. during international equipment supplier visits, customer visits, trade fair visits, conference calls, project deadlines, etc. The balance between working in the office and working from home is determined in consultation.
Micronit serves the world’s leading high-tech companies and universities, producing innovative microfluidics and MEMS products. To meet these challenges, we have a growing team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences.
Our products can be found all over the world in DNA analysis systems or point-of-care testing solutions, they can even be found in space. We believe our strength comes through multidisciplinary teamwork and we are dedicated to unleashing your potential to make our customers successful. Have you got high-tech skills? Do you want to see where technology can take you? Then join our team!
Our unique combination of expertise in micro technologies and micromachining and commitment to quality makes us one of the most innovative producers of microfluidics and MEMS products.
Micronit is based in Enschede (NL) and Dortmund (DE). We are in the process of designing a new headquarters and production location at Kennispark Station Enschede, which will be completely CO2-neutral.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Micronit. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!