We are currently recruiting for a buyer / logistics coordinator to be based in Enschede, the Netherlands. The purpose of this position is to perform general purchasing and expediting duties for the assigned department including but not limited to: handling of Purchase Orders, Product Inquiries (RFI's) and support to Cost Quotations (RFQ's), Change Orders, and vendor relations.
In regards to Supply Chain Management, the applicant will assist with negotiations of commercial terms such as price, delivery, terms of payment and purchase conditions, tax exemptions, price escalation, and other factors impacting costs; coordinate technical review of paperwork; issue PO's; establish and maintain auditable PO files; expedite purchases to meet customer requirements; review open order reports and follow-up with suppliers on late or critical deliveries; and provide all project reporting responsibilities to the business as well as the project team.
In regards to Logistics, the applicant will arrange all national-/ international transports and reporting of all shipments between vendors and company, as well as between company and customers, in accordance with trade compliance and company procedures. The applicant shall coordinate these tasks in line with the expectations of the project team.
- Manage the requests for quotation with suppliers.
- Prepare purchase orders for procurement of various materials, equipment and services.
- Prepare purchase orders and change orders.
- Expedite equipment and material suppliers to assure adherence to project schedules.
- Secure information and distribute sufficiently to maintain project management team informed as to equipment and material supply status.
- Initiate escalation as appropriate to ensure management awareness of problems that are severe in nature or that are exceeding documented targets.
- Development of new supply channels and evaluate supplier alternatives to determine the best overall business value.
- Review open order reports and follow-up with suppliers on on-time, late or critical deliveries.
- Negotiate the best contract terms for EthosEnergy after receiving the offers from the suppliers.
- Prepare supplier qualification, audit supplier facility and maintain annual evaluation of supplier performance assessment.
- Maintain the supplier database.
- Control of shipments national and international and support customs broker with required information/documentation.
- Primary contact responsible for arranging import and export logistics.
- Book freight, co-ordinate shipping information and paperwork and maintain electronic records for dispatch of goods.
- Ensure all customs related documents and records are correct prior to shipment to eliminate any delay.
- Maintain import and export databases and corresponding electronic logistics files per Standard Operating Procedures.
- Act as first escalation level for logistics related queries as they arise from within the business.
- Ensure that all documentation is logged and scanned and that shipping database is accurately maintained.
- First point of escalation to support trade compliance cases for EH designated sites for the following:
- IINCOTERMS - Advise business stakeholders regarding INCOTERMS selection when as necessary.
- Export Control - Perform Watchlist and Sanction screening, analyse results and make recommendations per the EthosEnergy Watchlist Policy approval process.
- Ability to plan, prioritise & organise working in a structured and logical manner as well as challenge and contribute to the department and company process.
- Familiar with the use of MS Office software.
- Experience in expediting suppliers for information regarding order status and adherence to schedule commitments.
- Familiar with working in a project team
- Knowledge in Logistics, export control, customs policies, trade compliance, dangerous goods and INCOTERMS.
- Knowledge of engineering terminology related to oil & gas, refinery, and petrochemical equipment is beneficial.
- Fluent in word and writing in Dutch and English
- Other languages, such as German, French, Italian, are beneficial.
- Experience in a similar or related position.
- Bachelor’s Degree or working and thinking level, obtained through education and/or experience.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Ethos Energy. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working? You can do this by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!