We are looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer for our office in Enschede. You are involved in the implementation of ICT services. You can translate customer needs into IT solutions, which consist of Storage, Operating Systems, Cloud technology, Network infrastructure, Servers, and Hardware. You are part of the IT Managed Services team, and you are responsible for the day-to-day management in the second line and for the roll-out of the solutions that ensure maximum availability to the customer. To achieve this, you continuously focus on improving infrastructure solutions and you think about new applications and technologies.
- Providing support on customer concerns for complex technical issues; Performing deep analysis over critical situations and providing root causes reports (on Equinix or with Vendors)
- Leading capacity, monitoring, and defining key indicators of shared infrastructures
- Participating in design activities
- Analyzing, selecting, and performing proof of concept testing on new technology options from various vendors
- Researches and embrace new tools and systems, seeking to optimize the management of (virtualization) environments, adding new features, and improving integration between systems and flows
- Approving documentation (can be technical & non-technical; e.g., technical specifications and standards, deployment, HLDs, KBs, articles, reports, and user manuals) and serves as the content owner for standard operating procedures
- Designing configurations method to drive consistency, adaptability, speed, and good governance;
- Developing methods, governance, and standard methodologies to move configurations through different project phases
- Ensuring configurations are standard, easy to maintain, and forward-looking
- Identifying operational and deployment requirements vital to improving the manageability of the interconnections network architecture
- Taking part in the vendor selection process
- Driving vendor roadmap features or performance; Live deployment of new multi-vendor solutions
- Creating and modifying the detailed guidelines, and cheat sheets used by the operation team
- Building the process workflow for others to follow; Engaging with vendor/team in the validation of new solutions
- Conducting training and performing RMA actions; Engaging in device and customer migrations
- Performing tools deployments; Running new features and new architecture deployments
- Running and upgrading software; Implementing process automation and generating business system requirements
- Performs automation of key functions; Planning, organizing, and delivering Tech Boot camps for the operations team to up-skill junior engineers
- Mentoring and advising internal and external project team members
- Significantly engaging in establishing and maintaining high-value relationships
- Providing executive-level communication including business requirements documents and sophisticated technical writing
- Presenting Equinix operations decisions to customers and conducting post-incident communications with customers
- Creating automation scripts and frameworks to improve the efficiency of the environments. Reviews and improves workflows
- Planning, coordinating, and supervising the technical activities of projects from start to completion (e.g., sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, monitors and summarizes progress of the project, conducts meetings)
- Validating the integrity and origin of the data to be used for reporting; Analyzing the reports and resolving patterns and trends correlated to the business.
- Defining critical metrics for the main services that guide investment decision-making
- Running consignment services
- A consistent record of experience (~8 yrs)
Nice to have:
- NetApp Certified Implementation Engineer—SAN Specialist
- NetApp Certified Implementation Engineer—Data Protection Specialist
- NetApp Certified Support Engineer – ONTAP Specialist
- VEEAM Certified Architect
- VMWare Certified Advanced Professional (Incl NSX-T)
- CSX-P—Cybersecurity Practitioner Certification
- End-of-year bonus (performance dependent)
- Development and training opportunities within an international environment
- Vacation allowance (vakantiegeld)
- Daily lunch buffet at various locations in the Netherlands
- Informal working atmosphere
Equinix Managed Services offers various complementary solutions in its nine brand-new data centers. Equinix is the global leader in the Netherlands and worldwide in the highest quality for financial institutions, the government, the business community, and IT service providers.
Equinix's data centers meet the most exacting international certification requirements for information security. Our branches offer plenty of space to large, medium, and small companies that are seeking a professional, reliable, and secure environment for outsourcing their IT infrastructure. We deliver comprehensive services including Managed Hosting, Managed Storage, Cloud Services, and Managed Networks.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Equinix. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!