As the Team leader Embedded Software Engineering you are responsible for coaching and managing the Embedded Software team. This team develops firmware for new and existing sensors for different business lines. You will lead a growing team of currently seven enthusiastic Embedded Software Engineers. You and your team will be working on products that focus on capturing, processing and sharing data on body and motion. These products provide premium solutions for animation, human motion measurement, sports, healthcare and industrial applications. You will be working together in an Agile/Scrum team.
Your team is part of the Engineering team, which fields of expertise also covers Application Software Engineering, Hardware Engineering and Quality Assurance. This team collaborates close with the Technology department and product management. You will report to the Director Engineering.
- Managing, coaching and motivating the embedded software team
- Getting and keeping the team up to speed with regard to know-how and knowledge on new technologies, ensuring knowledge is shared within the team
- Competency management; making and managing a development plan for your team members
- Assigning resources to projects based on knowledge, experience and availability of team members
- Firmware development; including making specifications, embedded software design, test development and sensor fusion algorithm implementation
- Supervising and guiding the firmware development and test process
- Creating and implementing a development plan for the tools under control of the Firmware team and making sure corresponding documentation is made
- Remaining informed on new technologies for products and tools
- Bachelor/Master degree in Computer Science, Embedded Systems or related
- At least 7 years’ experience in Embedded Software Engineering
- Experience in C, C++ programming skills
- Team player, 2+ years of experience leading a team
- Knowledge of embedded software development for Microcontrollers
- High proficiency in English and preferably in Dutch as well
- Technical background of MEMs based sensor technology is a plus
- Result driven, hands-on mentality with a pragmatic attitude and conscientious
- Excellent communication and social skills
- Experience of Agile/scrum methodology and practices is a must
Xsens offers a position in an innovative, ambitious and international company. Our team can be characterized as spontaneous and self-driven, with a passion for technology working in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment. The informal culture allows for personal input, growth and development.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Xsense. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account