You are part of the department Bureau for Education Support (ITC-BOOZ). Your manager is the ITC-BOOZ Coordinator.
The team of the ITC Student Affairs Office works closely with the other units of BOOZ: Education Support Office and the Student Registration & Admission Office. The faculty offers an inclusive, open and multi-cultural environment where you will regularly be in contact with the predominantly international student population and staff of the faculty.
As ITC Student Affairs Officer you will be an integral part of the 3 person ITC Student Affairs Team looking after the welfare of students from the moment (just) before arrival in The Netherlands through to departure. During the student’s study at the Faculty ITC, you are the link for all non-academic related questions and issues.
Your main activities will be:
- To keep a correct and efficient administration of non-academic student data in the student monitoring systems, which requires your strength and enthusiasm to continuously improve the administration related aspects of a student at the faculty ITC;
- To be the contact person regarding internal parties within the faculty and on campus and external parties e.g. the Student Association Board (SAB), the insurance company, Municipality, GGD, IND, International ITC Hotel (IIH) and all social and medical services;
- You support and assist students with regard to study extensions or provide information regarding financial issues and, for example, inform the student with appeal procedures, MoMi procedures or discuss with and advise the student;
- As a team member you share responsibility for organizing student faculty events such as the graduation ceremonies and the annual introduction week for new students;
- As a team member you share responsibility to coordinate/organize the ITC International Social Evening, the ITC students participation in the annual International Education Sports day and the ITC International Food Festival.
- As a team member you share responsibility to organize/coordinate workshops for international students about healthcare, ‘do’s and don’ts in the Netherlands’ and ‘getting to know’;
- You provide a listening ear for the student in all aspects and issues that may affect successful study, e.g. settling-in, illness, family problems, mental health issues supporting & coaching and when necessary referring the student in these and other stressful situations;
- As a team member you will be part of the ITC Student Affairs ‘out of office emergency contact team’.
- Above all you are a team player, yet are very capable to work independently.
- You bring lots of energy and understand the international student’s needs, their life and their ways. You are a rock in stressful situations.
- You are flexible and capable of coming up with refreshing (new) ideas for improvement and with creative solutions to complex matters in a changing environment.
- You have a customer friendly and proactive attitude.
- You can level and interact with all kinds of persons to ensure you get the information you need and make sure your message is heard and things are getting done.
- You are well capable of acquiring new knowledge and exercising it.
- You have a bachelor work and thinking level and international experience (living, working and/or studying abroad) is highly appreciated.
- You have (preferably extensive) knowledge of, and experience with, Education Registration and Learning Management Systems (e.g.: Canvas, Osiris, JOIN), or are keen and capable of gathering this knowledge in a short period of time.
- You have extensive knowledge of the Microsoft Office package (Outlook, SharePoint, Teams, Word, Excel)
- You speak, write and understand English. Our minimum requirement is a B2, C1 (Cambridge) level. We may request you to provide TOEFL or Cambridge test results.
- You identify yourself with an international educational environment and have developed excellent intercultural communication skills.
- You have an acute sense of inter-disciplinary relations and have an affinity with (semi) governmental institutions.
We offer an inspiring and challenging international environment. You will be employed for 1 year for 24 hours per week. Prolongation of the contract after this period is a possibility.
- Gross monthly salary between € 2,656.- and € 3,548.- (fulltime), depending on experience and qualifications (job profile Student Affairs Officer, level 2).
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%
- Excellent facilities for professional and personal development.
- A solid pension scheme
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave
- Minimum of 41 holiday days in case of full-time employment
Bedrijfsprofiel Universiteit Twente
The Bureau for Education Support (ITC-BOOZ) is a support department within the Faculty ITC. The department provides support to the entire chain of international education, from registration to admission, from visa to housing, support during a student trajectory and from certification to de-registration of a student. ITC-BOZ consists of 10 colleagues, each of them specialized in their particular field of support. There are three units: Education Support Office, Student Affairs and Student Registration & Admission Office.
University of Twente (UT)
University of Twente (UT) has entered the new decade with an ambitious, new vision, mission and strategy. As ‘the ultimate people-first university of technology' we are rapidly expanding on our High Tech Human Touch philosophy and the unique role it affords us in society. Everything we do is aimed at maximum impact on people, society and connections through the sustainable utilisation of science and technology. We want to contribute to the development of a fair, digital and sustainable society through our open, inclusive and entrepreneurial attitude. This attitude permeates everything we do and is present in every one of UT's departments and faculties. Building on our rich legacy in merging technical and social sciences, we focus on five distinguishing research domains: Improving healthcare by personalised technologies; Creating intelligent manufacturing systems; Shaping our world with smart materials; Engineering our digital society; and Engineering for a resilient world.
As an employer, University of Twente offers jobs that matter. We equip you as a staff member to shape new opportunities both for yourself and for our society. With us, you will be part of a leading tech university that is changing our world for the better. We offer an open, inclusive and entrepreneurial climate, in which we encourage you to make healthy choices, for example, with our flexible, customisable conditions.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of The University Of Twente. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!