We are looking for a motivated and skilled post-doctoral researcher to carry out advanced micro/nano fabrication research on free-standing transmission gratings for spectral unraveling of extreme ultraviolet (EUV) lithography light sources.
The XUV Optics Group at Twente, in collaboration with ARCNL in Amsterdam, has started a new multidisciplinary research program on these topics. We develop forefront fundamental research, relevant to high tech applications (www.utwente.nl/xuv/). The research will take place in a state-of-the-art thin film laboratory and cleanroom within the MESA+ Institute for Nanotechnology at the University of Twente, in collaboration with various academic and industrial partners.
Your goal is to develop the advanced free-standing transmission gratings using the well-established micro/nano fabrication infrastructure. Previously we have fabricated transmission gratings with 50 nm features. The challenge includes:
- Exploiting deposition and micro/nano-structuring techniques for patterning and releasing structures with dimensions below 100 nm.
- Developing the understanding of the material properties and fabrication processes for stable free-standing grating structures at these dimensions.
- Characterizing the deposited films and fabricated structures using characterization techniques such as AFM, XRD, SEM and others.
- Exploring alternative materials, fabrication techniques and designs for higher optical performance and reliability.
- You have a PhD degree in materials science, physical chemistry or engineering, solid state or surface physics or a related field.
- You have experience in micro/nano fabrication of structures preferably with dimensions below a micron.
- Experience or affinity in techniques such as nano-imprint lithography, electron-beam-lithography or similar is an advantage.
- Experience or affinity in optical grating simulations using finite-element method (FEM), rigorous coupled waves approach (RCWA) or similar is an advantage.
- You are an excellent team player in an enthusiastic group of scientists and engineers working on a common theme.
- You are creative, like to push boundaries, and are highly motivated to address a major science challenge in micro/nano-fabrication and thin film physics.
- You are fluent in English and able to collaborate intensively with industrial and academic parties in regular meetings and work visits.
You will be appointed on a fulltime position at the University of Twente for 18 months with a possibility for extension. The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in a stimulating scientific environment. The post-doc salary is between € 3.353 and € 4.012 gross per month depending on experience and qualifications. The offer further involves: a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%, a solid pension scheme, a minimum of 29-day holidays, and numerous professional and personal development programs.
Bedrijfsprofiel Universiteit Twente
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
Within the TNW Faculty (Faculty of Science & Technology) of the University of Twente some 700 staff members and 2000 students are involved in training and research on the interface of chemical technology, applied physics and biomedical technology. Fields of application include sustainable energy, process technology and materials science, nanotechnology and technical medicine. Research, which enjoys a high profile both at home and internationally, has been accommodated in the multidisciplinary research institutes: Mesa+ Institute, TechMed Centra and Digital Society Institute. The faculty works together intensively with industrial partners and researchers in the Netherlands and abroad and conducts extensive research for external commissioning parties and funders.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of University Twente. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!