You will actively develop your mathematical profile as well as collaborations within the multi-disciplinary research context at the UT; for example, within the MESA+ Institute for Nanotechnology or within the TechMed Centre for Biomedical Technology and Technical Medicine.
You will be involved in the teaching program of the AM department at the Bachelor and Master level, and you will transfer your specific expertise to the master program. During the first three years, you will acquire the University Teaching Qualificatio (UTQ).
- You are passionate about innovative research, illustrated by publications in international journals.
- You are ready to take up the challenge to acquire research grants, either via personal schemes, such as within the NWO Innovational Research Incentives Scheme (VENI/VIDI/VICI) and the European Research Council, or in collaboration with others.
- You have excellent communication skills, allowing efficient interaction with colleagues from other departments and are proficient in English.
- You have acquired a PhD degree and have a strong affinity with- and training in numerical analysis and scientific computing.
- It is a structural position for 32-40 hours, starting with a temporary contract for one year with the prospect of a permanent contract after a positive evaluation. Criteria for evaluation comprise a strong track record of publications, evaluation of teaching capacities and a demonstrated ability to acquire funding and to achieve an international network and reputation;
- The terms of employment are in accordance with the Dutch Collective Labour Agreement for Universities (CAO), and include:
- a starting salary from € 3.746 (scale 11) to € 6.940 (scale 14) gross per month, based on relevant work experience;
- a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- a minimum of 29 leave days in case of fulltime employment based on a formal workweek of 38 hours. A fulltime employment in practice means 40 hours a week, therefore resulting in 96 extra leave hours on an annual basis.
- excellent professional and personal development programs and a secondary remuneration package including a travel allowance and a solid pension scheme.
Bedrijfsprofiel Universiteit Twente
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which drives change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university in the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. The University of Twente has a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out pioneering research.
The faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS) comprises three disciplines that shape Information and Communication Technology. ICT is more than communication. In almost every product we use mathematics, electronics and computer technology and ICT now contributes to all of societies' activities. The faculty works together intensively with industrial partners and researchers in the Netherlands and abroad and conducts extensive research for external commissioning parties and funders. The research which enjoys a high profile both at home and internationally, has been accommodated in the multidisciplinary research institutes MESA+, CTIT and MIRA.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of the company. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!