The Field Application Engineer is responsible for promoting UEI technologies to customers, understanding customer application issues and providing solutions, and working with sales and customers to provide information on future needs and trends into the UEI development organization.
Position in the Organization:
The Field Application Engineer reports directly into the Manager Field Application.
Main Areas (including responsibilities and tasks)
Main area 1:
Managing and controlling the customer requirements and communication during the initial (pre-sales/feasibility study) phase of projects until the start of the project and maintaining customer and product management relations and changes throughout each project.
- Customer facing and interaction with technical part of customer’s organization
- Making general specification document for sales purposes
- Working with internal team to understand cost drivers and to manage tradeoffs to meet customer price targets
- Working with sales on quotations and technical proposals
- Defining hardware and software and mechanical features, colors, silk-screening etc. for describing the ‘product’ specification (together with customer)
- Providing requirements into the backstage organization for development
- Defining the guidelines for the product so Engineering is able to create the product
- Working with internal Applications Engineering team to complete customer proposals and product definition
- Providing post sales technical support
- Providing technology training to commercial team
Main area 2:
Assisting the EMEA sales team in promoting and selling solutions
- Building up customer relationship (account management), by having frequent contact with customers with respect to product development, specific/technical customer requirements, etc.
- Traveling with Sales to customers in pre-sales phase in order to assist in selling the technical concept of the product.
- Discussing product and technical requirements with customers
- Creating customer satisfaction
- Preparing technical demonstrations for customer meetings
- Interfacing with customers, vendors, etc. to communicate European market trends to corporate
Product Management, Project Manager, Sales, Application Engineering, R&D / Innovations
Customers (Set Top Box manufacturers, broadcasters, CE manufacturers), Industrial Designers, Vendors
Required education and experience:
- Customer facing experience and good presentation skills
- A good understanding of systems architecture (electronics, software, embedded solutions)
- Bachelor or higher education level in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or
- Mechanical Engineering
- Commercial courses and/or experience
- Relevant working experience, within an international environment
- RF systems experience (consumer RF): Zigbee, WiFi, Bluetooth 3.0/4.x. with proficiency in a couple standards.
- Ability to talk the industry terms, and understand basic RF system principles.
- Familiarity with Linux and embedded systems
Required expertise and skills:
- Fluent in English
- Flexibility, no 9-5 mentality)
- Willingness to travel 30%
- Good communicative skills
- Willingness to learn, self-educate and improve skillset
- Attention to details
- Commercial attitude
- Self-motivated / self-managing
- · Knowledge of NPI (New Product Introduction) processes
Bedrijfsprofiel Universal Electronics
Our vision is beyond a connected home, rather a smarter home where technology is your friend and not an obstacle. Consumer electronics is one of the fastest growing industries in the world. Trends in Technology change every season and new devices are making way into the homes of people faster than ever. Interacting with these devices is a challenge. Our team is focused on next generation distributed platforms for the connected home ecosystem; we solve real life problems and bring improvements to the masses. We are infatuated by technology; however only see it as the means and not the goal itself. We accept no boundaries and no problem should remain unresolved.
Our products and technologies are touched by well over 450 million people every week, and we’re just getting started! We design & developed an extraordinary number of products for the connected home, backed by a complete ecosystem of data driven software solutions & cloud services for connected devices from leading brands in mobile, gaming and consumer electronics segments!
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Universal Electronice. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!
7521 PT ENSCHEDE 053 - 4888 000