The product manager (PM) is responsible for the product category assigned to him/her. The PM manages the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical and operational activities.
The PM reports to the Director of Entertainment Product Group and works closely with the product marketing managers (PMM) for requirements for B2B and B2C channels including market and opportunity sizing and evaluation.
Main areas (including responsibilities and tasks):
The PM has as main responsibilities is to create category plan, business case for new product concepts, specify product requirements and manage the product life cycle.
The PM is obtaining user insights from market, consumer and trend research and is able to translate this into innovative concepts to address these insights. He is responsible for co-defining category plans, create business case for product concepts, create and manage the product roadmap including life cycle management. The PM monitors the sales and gross margins of the products and is responsible for delivering NPI’s according plan (quality, time, unit cost and expense).
- Developing category plan in line with organizations strategy and vision
- Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical and operational activities for the responsible product categories.
- Specifying market and product requirements for current and future products by conducting market research, competitive analysis supported by periodic visits to customers and markets
- Closely align with Product Marketing Managers for requirements of both B2B and B2C channels, including market and opportunity sizing and evaluation
- Define and execute the agreed product roadmap and manage the portfolio life cycle (manage line chart) in B2B and B2C.
- Create business case for new products/versions and manage the product creation process, working closely with product marketing, program, planning, purchasing, and quality teams
- Supporting the development and execution of the go-to-market strategy for B2C and B2B channels, working with the product marketing, supply chain and marcom teams.
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product or category and provide input to partner / vendor selection based on portfolio requirements, pricing, investments, lead time, support and technology assessments
Travel frequency: 25% on international level
- Category sales performance (Market Share)
- Business case realization
- NPI Performance: achievement of quality, timing, unit cost and development expense as set at kick-off.
- Category Planning: (Product Team)
- D-Day, 1x quarter (PM Team)
- IMT: 4 x year (Sales, Marketing, Product, OPS, Finance)
- PIP Meeting: 2 x month (marcom and product)
- Project Review, Workflow: 1 x week (project, engineering/marcom and product)
- Operations Meeting: 1 x month (ops and product)
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor level in business and/or engineering – mechanical/electronics/computer science/IT
- 3 – 5 years of relevant working experience in an similar environment
- Knowledge of and experience with aspects as outlined in job description
- Experience in leading-cross functional and international projects in fast paced and fluid environment
- Required technology knowledge matching product category
- Successful track record
- Building & maintaining relations
- Motivating and convincing
- Problem solving
- Managing expectations
- Marketing & industry knowledge
- Ownership and responsibility
- Result driven
- Customer oriented
- Strategic/conceptual thinker
- Planning & organizing
Bedrijfsprofiel Universal Electronics
Universal Electronics Inc. (NASDAQ: UEIC) is the worldwide leader in universal control and sensing technologies for the smart home. Its broad portfolio of patents includes QuickSet® software that utilizes the world’s most complete knowledge graph to detect and interact with thousands of entertainment and smart home devices. The company designs, develops, and manufactures innovative products that are used by the world’s leading brands in the audio, video, subscription broadcasting, connected home, home energy management, and mobile device markets. UEI’s many first-to-market innovations have helped transform the home entertainment control, home security, and home energy management and sensing industries.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Universal Electronics. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!
7521 PT ENSCHEDE 053 - 4888 000