As a Technical Subcontract Manager you work in an international multidisciplinary team. You are responsible for managing the technical part of a specific system segment and/or subsystems that will be subcontracted. You closely collaborate with the commercial subcontract manager, the system architect and engineering team. Activities include amongst others:
- Perform requirements decomposition towards subcontracted items;
- Prepare technical documentation, including SoW and TA for the subcontractor;
- Monitor and control the technical compliance of the subcontractor;
- Monitor the technical progress of the subcontractor according to the agreed milestone planning;
- Review and validate the deliveries according to technical specifications;
- Work in close collaboration with colleague system architects and system engineers;
- Point of contact to the subcontractor for all technical issues, including Specialties that need to be aligned with experts from the MKS180 engineering team;
- Point of Contact in the technical meetings with sub, sometimes also with the prime contractor and/or customer.
The Technical Subcontract Manager has demonstrable experience in the naval domain and is a specialist in Bi/multi-static Towed Array Sonar, Tactical Data Link, ESM, Naval surveillance radar and / or multi-function radar or Navigation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required to work and act in multidisciplinary teams
- High level of creativity, initiative, pragmatism and persuasiveness
- Affinity with project management
- Language proficiency: English (listening, reading, speaking and writing) European language level: C1, German at level B2/C1 is a benefit
- Flexibility with respect to travelling abroad and operating in an international environment
- Location: Hengelo in the Netherlands
- An interesting job within a team of experts in an international high-tech environment;
- Room for and attention to personal development and personal initiative;
- The opportunity to grow within the organization, for instance on a technical, managerial, commercial or international level;
- An open and flexible work environment where a good work-life balance is considered important;
- A pleasant workplace in "the best building in the Netherlands" (Public’s Choice Award, 2015) with our own Starbucks corner;
- Excellent work conditions, with 40 holidays a year, among other benefits.
Bedrijfsprofiel Thales Nederland
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Thales. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!