The Service Designer is a key contributor to the definition and improvement of our services. The service designer is the equivalent in the services domain of technical design engineers in the technical domain.
The service designer translates the business objectives into services, aligning people, processes and technology for an optimal customer experience.
As such, the service designer also sets requirements (on the service), creates a concept design (of the service) and brings the service towards its final design, including analysis, simulation and design reviews, all in according with the formal design process, but tailored to services. The service designer works in cooperation with the Product Manager Services , Service Design Authority and/or Service Portfolio Manager and is in close touch with operational departments delivering the service.
Service design is a new discipline in Thales Nederland, currently manned with 3 designers and growing.
More specifically, the key tasks of the service designer are:
- Definition of our standardized or new service products (as defined in the Service Product Baseline).
- Definition of service solutions for projects (as defined in the Service Definition Document), consisting of combinations of the standard service products, including their tailoring to the customer.
- Continuous improvement of the service products by implementing changes to their design based on feedback, lessons learnt, or innovations.
- Building and maintaining our service design framework based on Service Readiness Levels and the Service Product Baseline.
The Service Designer:
- Keeps focus on the customer experience while developing the optimal end-to-end workflow of the service
- Has a deep understanding of and empathy for customer needs and applies a customer-focused approach when driving service improvements
- Has strong analytical skills with a keen eye for detail, but can also ‘zoom out’ to take a more holistic view. Can think in concepts
- Has a structured, systematic way of working, but is at ease with missing details
- Is curious, with a desire and creativity to improve our services based on market needs and lessons learnt.
- Able to apply Service Design in projects and teams that are less familiar with its principles
- Able to operate within multidisciplinary teams. You are a good communicator and love collaborating with and learning from other disciplines
- Ability to learn new tools and do self-guided work
- Has a Bachelor or Master in a technical or logistic area and basic knowledge of Customer Service & Support
- Has good verbal and written communication skills in English
What's in it for you
- Become part of a great team in a high tech, innovative international organization
- (International) opportunities for growth in tech-, management- and commercial roles
- Attention for personal development and own initiative
- A nice workplace in a modern building, where we value a good work-life balance and flexibility
- 40 leave days per year, travel expenses and a flexible benefits à la carte package with options like purchase/sale of leave hours, internet costs, bicycle plan, company fitness, trade union contribution or relocation costs
Bedrijfsprofiel Thales Nederland
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
The department Product Management Services & Lifecycle Policies plays a central role in the Naval organization’s Services. It defines, maintains and develops the service portfolio and the policies it is based on. It is also leading the journey to develop and further improve our Service offering and performance.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Thales. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!