The Product Manager Services (PrdMS) plays a central role in defining and maintaining our ‘productized’ (standard) services of Thales and to ensure they are well-designed and well-performing. The PrdMS is the owner of a (package of) standard services and is responsible for the end-to-end design of the service, the go to market strategy and the management including the performance along de service life-cycle. In addition, the PrdMS drives the improvement and innovation of the service by developing and maintaining a roadmap.
The PrdMS leads the Service Product Team per service. He/she works in close cooperation with the Service Design team for the development and implementation for the generic service processes, with the Service Design Authority or Service Portfolio Manager during the life-cycle approach per product/service combination and the Product Line Manager for alignment with the overall services strategy.
It is a challenging position, because it is broad and because it is new. Every end-to-end process runs through many departments in the organization, with connections to the customer and suppliers. This requires broad understanding of the organization’s business and activities, alignment with many stakeholders and a high degree of initiative and problem ownership. The position is also new and developing, which means the organization is still adapting to it and best practices are still developing.
More specifically, the Product Manager Services is responsible for:
- Good end-to-end service product maturity & quality (“regierol”)
- Setting up and managing the Service Product Team per service
- Defining and maintaining the service definition in the Service Product Baseline, including the service business model
- Monitoring the performance, capturing the lessons learnt and triggering corrective action in the service definition
- Balancing the specific needs of projects that are driven by customers against the need for maintaining one standard service for internal efficiency
- Defining and maintaining the innovation roadmap per service based on the market trends and customer needs
The Product Manager Services has:
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and the ability to lead change
- Good stakeholder management capabilities and teamworking skills
- Deep understanding of and empathy for customer needs, applying a customer-focused approach when driving service improvements
- Strong analytical skills with a keen eye for detail, but can also zoom out to take a more holistic view and can think in concepts
- Bachelor or Master in a technical, logistic or supply chain area and at least basic knowledge of customer service & support
- Ability to work in an evolving, complex and sometimes slow-moving context
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience within Thales is a major benefit
What's in it for you
- Become part of a great team in a high tech, innovative international organization
- (International) opportunities for growth in tech-, management- and commercial roles
- Attention for personal development and own initiative
- A nice workplace in a modern building, where we value a good work-life balance and flexibility
- 40 leave days per year, travel expenses and a flexible benefits à la carte package with options like purchase/sale of leave hours, internet costs, bicycle plan, company fitness, trade union contribution or relocation costs
Bedrijfsprofiel Thales Nederland
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
The department Product Management Services & Lifecycle Policies plays a central role in the Naval organization’s Services. It defines, maintains and develops the service portfolio and the policies it is based on. It is also leading the journey to develop and further improve our Service offering and performance.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Thales. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!