As a Sales Manager you will be responsible for the long-term relation with the relevant Defense Stakeholders in Bahrain, Kuwait, Lebanon, Qatar, and Oman and industrial partners that may be involved in those markets in view of selling Surface ship combat systems, or Ground Based Radars, or Services related to such Solutions and Products. Your responsibility will range from Upstream Business Development, up to the ‘In Service Support’ of the delivered Solutions and Products. You will be part of the Customer Account Team “Middle East and Africa” that consists of Sales and Program Managers as well as Support resources. The local Thales country organizations in the various customer countries will support and provide you with in country assistance.
Your core activities will consist of:
- Managing the customer relationship: what does your customer need and how can we support the customer;
- Develop a match between prospective customer needs and a specific Thales Netherlands offering based on its standard portfolio of Solutions, Products, and Services. The responsibilities of the Sales Manager thereby include Business Development, Capture Strategy setting (including partnership development), Proposal development, Sales activities and Contract Negotiation and conclusion.
- Develop opportunities by influencing customer requirements and positioning Thales-NL solutions and contributions that create added value for the customer and Thales-NL thereby filling the pipeline;
- Respond to Requests for Proposals where you contribute the commercial portion of the proposal and you carry final responsibility for the proposals, combining the functions of Capture Leader, Commercial Manager, Proposal Manager while overseeing the offered products and or service;
- Capturing contracts by proposing winning offers and successfully negotiate profitable contracts; thereby mainly offering in accordance with the Defense Acquisition Systems and laws and procedures of foreign nations and respective OEM’s;
- Supporting our customer after they have procured our systems by offering spare parts and In-Service Support contracts;
- Liaise with the international Thales organization in the customer country;
- Coordinate your activities with other units of the group that may have interest in the country where you are responsible, or may be responsible for product related to the projects you are following.
The person we are looking for:
- Has the sensitivity to understand and define the key customer requirements;
- Is able to match and translate these into a unique Thales value proposition;
- Has demonstrably commercial skills and technical knowledge to explain solutions to the customer;
- Is a team player and is able to localize and mobilize the expertise and workforce needed;
- Is able to create a complete overview the work to be done;
- Communicates clearly and open on all levels;
- Is aware of political themes that influence the Naval defense markets in the concerned countries;
- Is able to work in a quickly changing environment;
- Has an affinity with electronic technology;
- Is prepared to travel (frequently) to the middle east if needed;
- Experience in the Defense Industry is an advantage.
- An interesting job within a team of experts in an international high-tech environment;
- Room for and attention to personal development and personal initiative;
- The opportunity to grow within the organization, for instance on a technical, managerial, commercial or international level;
- An open and flexible work environment where a good work-life balance is considered important;
- A pleasant workplace in "the best building in the Netherlands" (Public’s Choice Award, 2015) with our own Starbucks corner;
- Excellent work conditions, with 40 holidays a year, among other benefits.
Bedrijfsprofiel Thales Nederland
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Thales. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!