As a Technical Writer you develop the technical user documentation for our high-tech products. You collect the technical information, research technical specifications, use the knowledge of specialists from within the entire organization and test the procedures on the actual systems. You write and maintain Operator & Maintenance Manuals, Fault Finding Procedures and System Manuals on a product or project basis. You use 3D CAD models to create the illustrations for the manuals. The Customer Documentation team also contributes to new developments such as animation and video/AR/VR-content.
You are in the possession of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical field and you have the following skills/experiences:
- Ability to write accurate, consistent, clear and concise English
- Capable in translating difficult concepts into easy to understand information for our customers.
- Be open to learn to work with XML authoring software and working with a CSDB/CMS
- Strong communication and people skills
- Flexible and open for changes within your profession
- Comfortable with taking the initiative and managing your own time within a project together with other writers
- An interesting job within a nice team in an international high-tech environment;
- Room for and attention to personal development and personal initiative;
- The opportunity to grow within the organization, for instance on a technical, managerial, commercial or international level;
- An open and flexible work environment where a good work-life balance is considered important;
- A pleasant workplace in "the best building in the Netherlands" (Public’s Choice Award, 2015) with our own Starbucks corner;
- Excellent work conditions, with 40 holidays a year, among other benefits.
Bedrijfsprofiel Thales Nederland
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
At our head offices in Hengelo, the System Engineering department is responsible for the entire development cycle of our radar and command and control products, service engineering and customer-oriented solutions. The activities consist of the concept definition, system design, system integration, validation and service engineering.
Within System Engineering, the Supportability Engineering & Training team, consisting of 55 domain experts, is responsible for the definition, development, realization and training of integrated service solutions (ILS) for our radar and command and control systems. An important aspect is to influence the product design at an early stage so that the delivered solution is available cost-effectively throughout the product lifecycle.
The Customer Documentation team is responsible for all technical customer documentation related to our radar systems and Command & Control Systems, that are mainly used in the Naval domain. The team is consistently innovating in areas like state-of-the-art documentation tooling, digital 3D modeling Augmented Reality/ Virtual Reality and context sensitive (embedded) documentation. The team currently consists of ten Technical Writers.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Thales. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign u here and create your own job account!