Reporting to the European Quality Auto Director the NPD and Customer Quality Manager is responsible for coordinating the activities of the European NPD/CQC team to drive quality improvement and provide strong problem resolution. Additionally, they will be responsible for maintaining customer contacts regarding all quality related activities during product development, product release, production start and series production. Coordinate analysis of products in response to customer complaints, initiating rapid corrective measures and the establishment of permanent corrective actions to improve processes, service and products.
- Manages all assigned quality assurance team members while reporting team successes and opportunities to the Director of Quality Assurance and Development
- Responsible for the sharing and implementation of best practices across all business units
- Responsible for the activities of the Quality Management System
- Responsible for time management and operational support
- Manages and produces Quality Assurance measures and metrics which report any trends or process improvement opportunities for each project
- Manages the training and other required activities for the department
Experience / Qualifications
- A university degree and 7-10 years of experience
- Ability to lead, coach, and develop team members
- Holds self and others accountable to achieving goals and standards
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to handle multiple competing tasks and demands
- Strong communication skills; oral, written and presentation
- Strong organization, planning and time management skills to achieve results
- Strong personal and professional ethical values and integrity
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Strong interpersonal & collaboration skills to work effectively with all levels of the organization including suppliers and/or external customers
- Customer interface leader and high level interface with production sites for quality improvement strategy
- Set quality goals and monitor performance on weekly basis
- Budget and resource planning in line with meeting corporate objectives
- Strongly influences design for manufacturability with Design, Process, Manufacturing and Mechanization teams
- Manages all aspects of quality and continuous improvement across all new product developments within business unit
- Fulfill our customers’ Quality System requirements e.g. Advanced Product Quality Planning and manage the relationship with our Customers’ Quality leadership team
- Ensures global consistent use of the Sensata NPDCM 4.0 process to drive results to meet 0-100-90 requirement
- Demonstrate full ownership of product quality by driving all relevant functions towards 100% robustness in meeting specifications/performance requirements
- Provide technical support to NPD teams in generating lessons learned for new products Document issues and ensure lessons learned are captured/shared amongst the different make sites and relevant stakeholders
- Develop a customer satisfaction plan. Turn "voice of the customer" into user needs and quality goals for the new products. This will be in line on meeting corporate Net Promoter Score (NPS) requirement
- Ensures all customer specific requirement including quality goals such as but not limited to (events, PPM, 8D cycle time, PPAP approval rate, PPAP on time submission, APQP compliance etc.) are being met. Otherwise, to ensure clear improvement actions are defined if the goals are not met.
- Gain cooperation of others, conduct presentations of technical information with specifics on projects/schedules and timelines. Responsibilities include understanding customer requirements and expectations and developing/driving actions and schedules needed to support those program expectations
- Make line audit - may visit global manufacturing sites in preparation for launch (compare docs to production line quality, controls, process layout etc.)
Bedrijfsprofiel Sensata Technologies Holland BV
Our vision is to be a world leader in mission-critical sensing and electrical protection while satisfying the world’s growing need for safety, efficiency and a clean environment and being a partner, employer and neighbor of choice. Our sensors are the fundamental building blocks needed for a smart, connected, electrified and, ultimately, autonomous world.
Sensing is what we do.
In fact, our name Sensata comes from the Latin word sensate for ‘those gifted with sense’. Our focus on sensing is also reflected in our logo, which spells Sensata in Braille.
Sensata Technologies is a world leader and early innovator in mission-critical sensors and controls designed to make the world cleaner, safer and more efficient. Mission-critical means products that are essential and difficult to do. You’ll find our 47,000 unique products in many applications – anywhere from automotive braking systems to aircraft flight controls.
Sensata devices are in systems that protect people and the environment, so what we do matters. We take pride in knowing our technologies improve safety, efficiency and comfort for millions of people every day.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Sensata. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!
7559 SP HENGELO 074 - 3578 000