If you want a new challenge in art and design, this is the right job for you. Combining theoretical and practical knowledge in a way that you can boost the level of the CMGT students is not only. You will not only transfer a lot of knowledge but also gain a lot of new knowledge on the fly. Either from your colleagues, the guidance during the lectures, or whilst guiding the ground-breaking projects that take place in our XR lab. The CMGT team is a fun team that consists of about 40 people, each passionate for (a certain part of) the creative industry. As CMGT we are pushing the boundaries of reality. We are looking for an art- / game-design teacher to join our team of Creative Media and Game Technologies.
- developing and delivering educational materials for the part time or full time Creative Media and Game Technologies degree program;
- helping students creating their projects;
- guiding students throughout their study career;
- guiding students in their internship and/or graduation assignment;
- helping students and colleagues to develop state of the art examples and educational material.
- interested in everything art- and design related within the area of games and interactive software development;
- passion for art: digital 2d drawing, 3d modelling, animation, rigging and texturing;
- passion for design: Game design, level design and elements related to that;
- a drive for new technology ( VR / AR );
- someone who likes to share his passion and creativity with the next generation, and has good social skills;
- preferably experience in teaching;
- fluent in English;
- good connections in the creative industry?
Your Qualifications and Experience:
- preferably a master’s degree;
- a bachelor degree in art- and/or design related subjects;
- an affinity for education at the bachelor level;
- excellent written and verbal English communication skills;
- experience with different software: Photoshop(and/or other drawing tools), Maya, Zbrush (or other 3d related software), Substance (painter/designer), Unity 3d (or unreal);
- preferably work experience within the creative industry?
Then this may be the job for you!
A position as a lecturer/researcher 2 or 1. The employment is for one year, with a possibility of extension. Depending on your knowledge and experience. Your salary, dependent on experience and knowledge, will be a maximum of € 4.307,66 (scale 10- cao hbo) or maximum € 5.026,85 (scale 11- cao-hbo), at a full-time working week. In addition, you receive 8% holiday allowance and a thirteenth month. Saxion is committed to equal opportunities and diversity.
Your new work environment
The world is getting smarter and smarter. Every day we see products, services and solutions that were not there the day before. Saxion believes that people need to be at the centre of this process. That is why we prepare our students "Get ready for a smart world" in various ways for their future role in this dynamic society. At Saxion, students learn how their field of study is influenced by innovations and how they can apply technology to achieve the best results. Our research distinguishes itself by focusing on the interaction between man and technology. Saxion's approach ties in well with the strong growth of the high-tech manufacturing industry, in which the eastern part of the Netherlands is taking a leading role. Students and researchers come with surprising views and smart solutions to issues encountered by companies and organisations. These solutions have a high impact on people and their living environment; life becomes easier, more agreeable, more affordable, more sustainable.
School of Creative Technology
At Saxion, students learn how their field of study is influenced by innovations and how they can apply technology to achieve the best results. Our research distinguishes itself by focusing on the interaction between man and technology. Saxion's approach ties in well with the strong growth of the high-tech manufacturing industry, in which the eastern part of the Netherlands is taking a leading role. Students and researchers come with surprising views and smart solutions to issues encountered by companies and organizations. These solutions have a high impact on people and their living environment; life becomes easier, more agreeable, more affordable, more sustainable. The School of Creative Technology is a very active learning institution. With four existing Bachelor programs and a Master program, we provide a wide range of courses to prepare students for a dynamic professional field. The combination of creativity and technology forms the basis for our programs and guarantees a lively teaching and working environment. An open and accessible atmosphere is one of the hallmarks of our school. Developing the talents of both students and staff is our top priority.
Via onderstaande sollicitatie button kom je terecht op de site van Saxion. Mocht de vacaturelink niet meer werken, dan is de vacature verlopen en kun je niet meer solliciteren. Wij proberen uiteraard ons vacaturebestand zo actueel mogelijk te houden. Wil je ons daarmee helpen en ons een bericht sturen als een link niet meer werkt?
Wil je op de hoogte blijven van andere interessante vacatures in Twente? Schrijf je dan in hier in!