As project manager focused mainly on Food and Beverage you will have a critical role in the development of Beer Membrane Filter systems, systems for Dairy Filtration, etc. You will lead a multi-disciplinary team consisting of R&D, Process Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Process Automation during new product development or standardization projects. Project activities start at the first Process Diagram and range all the way to the design of fully automated systems that are assembled in our workshop. A project manager should pro-actively engage project team members, keep overview and report status by using the Pentair NPD Process effectively. A strong background in NPD, project management, Lean Six Sigma, and other project management methodologies and tools are necessary.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Drafting the technical component of business cases, in consultation with the various internal stakeholders.
- Realization of projects aimed at new product development, following the demands and wishes of the in- or external customer, within the determined frames of time, quality and financial means:
- Drafting a project plan, ensuring that scope, schedule and cost remain within approved plan;
- Leading cross-functional project teams with team members from inside and outside R&D;
- Work with NPD Process tools and methodologies;
- Tracking the progress of the project and making adjustments when necessary;
- Effective project planning, monitoring, controlling, risk management and closing;
- Signaling deviations in an early stage and make proposals for necessary measures;
- Periodically report on technical content and project KPI’s.
- Have a technical role in projects, based on your own professional knowledge and experience.
- Create (or have someone create) the product documents for your own projects and products with the purpose of in- and external knowledge transfer.
- Ownership of the technical aspects of standardized products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering, or Food processing Engineering is required.
- At least 5 years relevant working experience, of which at least three in an industrial environment.
- Experience in project management, and has knowledge of one of the following methodologies; PMI, Prince2, Agile.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English.
- Experience with Food and Beverage is a pre (Beer, Wine, Juice, Dairy, etc)
- As a Project manager R&D you are result oriented and capable to plan and organize your own work and that of others. You have strong analytical skills when it comes to technological issues and you bring creative solutions to the table. Your sense of internal relations and strong communication skills make sure that you create a strong basis of support inside and outside the organization.
Pentair makes the most of life’s essential resources. From our residential and business solutions that help people move, improve and enjoy their water, to our sustainable innovations and applications, we deliver smart, sustainable solutions for life.
Pentair had revenue in 2020 of $3 billion, and trades under the ticker symbol PNR. With approximately 9,750 global employees serving customers in more than 150 countries, we work to help improve lives and the environment around the world. To learn more, visit Pentair.com.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Pentair. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!