As Finite Element Analysis Engineer, you will work independently within one of the project teams that is part of our close-knit engineering department. Within the project team, you will be responsible for developing bespoke mechanical equipment on behalf of leading companies in the offshore energy industry.
The equipment concerns innovative mechanical systems that are used on board of vessels to support offshore operations such as subsea rock installation or the installation of wind turbines.
The position is an autonomous position which mainly concerns the structural design and verification by means of Finite Element Analysis in which you will be involved in the entire process from specification drafting to reporting and design appraisal. Systems have short lead times in terms of design and implementation – often only a few months between initial enquiry and final delivery.
You will work from our spacious office in Oldenzaal (NL). Based on your own judgement, you will occasionally be expected to make short working visits to sites in the Netherlands, as well as to overseas locations or on board vessels. You will also be responsible for ensuring that the entire project is approved and certified by a recognized body such as Lloyd’s. Among other things, this entails that you obtain approval for the design and calculations. You will be a member of a team that is one of the best in its field. It should also be your ambition to become one of the best in your field.
- 0-5 years work experience in a technical SME environment;
- Mechanical engineering qualifications at a higher educational level [HTS/TU Mechanical Engineering];
- Solid expertise and experience with Finite Element Method software, preferably FEMAP/Simcenter Nastran or Ansys;
- Practical attitude and approach aimed at achieving the best possible customer solution;
- Accurate, punctual and results-oriented;
- Flexible and committed;
- In possession of an EU working permit;
- Fluent – written and spoken – in Dutch and English;
- Living near – or willing to move to – Oldenzaal region.
- An independent position with substance, scope for personal development and good career prospects;
- Work on complex technical projects that also contributes to the energy transition;
- Work in a close knit team who help and support each other;
- A good salary with a profit-share scheme and options to structure your own pension;
- An option to receive a permanent contract with a growing company with a pleasant, informal working atmosphere.
Bedrijfsprofiel KenC Engineering B.V.
KENC Engineering is an ambitious engineering firm based in Oldenzaal. We design and build bespoke equipment for market leading companies in the offshore energy industry. Over the last 20 years we have grown to a solid engineering firm with a spectacular track record. Today we are preparing ourselves to bring the company to the next level. In order to achieve this we are looking for ambitious, talented, down-to-earth engineers!
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of KenC. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!