As a R&D Mechanical Engineer, you will be working in a highly innovative team environment within the R&D department. In this role, you will develop innovative product concepts and features, create prototypes, validate solutions, participate in project teams, and support processes to transition the concepts into product development programs for production launch. This position has an opportunity to shape IMS’s future product architectures and impact the World around us by creating and delivering new innovations. You will apply your mechanical engineering skills to all phases of the design process including conceptual design, analysis, developing prototypes, and working with suppliers.This is your opportunity to join a team that's bringing to market some of the most advanced solutions in the world. While part of a team, you will also be working independently on your priorities and tasks. The scope and complexity of your tasks will be based on your existing knowledge and capabilities as well as how fast you can acquire new skills.
- Mechanical concept and design of new assembly and test products in the early phases of the product-lifetime.
- Mechanical concept and design of proof-of-principle, proof-of-concept setups, alpha and beta prototypes.
- Take an active role during testing of your designed solutions.
- Master of Science (MSc.) in Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum 2 years experience in mechanical design, working experience in the automotive/ medical / semicon industry is a big plus.
- 3D CAD modeling & drawings experience. Ability to write reports and convey detailed technical information.
- The candidate must be hands-on and have good team working spirit.
- The candidate must be self-driven and inventive.
What we offer
- A varied job in an innovative, dynamic working environment where you get the opportunity to be really involved in the project from A to Z.
- Always a challenge to find precisely that technical solution that others cannot find.
- Room for personal and professional development.
- An engaged group of colleagues who want to make it happen together.
Production capacity for competitive advantage
Tailormade and effective solutions which can grow along with changing market demand. IMS from entrepreneurial Almelo in Twente designs and produces robust, scalable production lines. With them, small assembled products can be manufactured in high volumes with the optimal quality level. For clients, this results in exact micro-assembly.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of IMS. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!