As Lead Engineer at IMS you are technically responsible within a project team for the development and realization of advanced machines for high precision / high volume production lines. You set out the architecture of the mechatronic system to be realized and work this out under your technical leadership in a multidisciplinary team. In the quotation phase, you work together with the Technical Sales Coordinator to create and develop an initial concept that matches the customer's business case.
- You are responsible for the technical quality of the systems to be realized up to and including turn-key delivery;
- From a technical perspective you realize systems within scope, budget and planning;
- You are able to manage the team that develops and realizes the system architecture;
- You carry out technical checks of outsourced work such as designing and supplying (turn-key) subsystems;
- Setting up the architecture and realizing the design including implementation, documentation (architecture, modeling, timing diagram, 3D CAD design (SolidWorks), detailed drawings, parts lists, technical construction file, etc.);
- Preparation and supervision or implementation of test and acceptance plans;
- Guiding tests & debugging of the machine;
- Conduct technical consultation with the project team and the client;
- Reporting the progress of the work to the project manager.
- A Bachelor or Master in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics or similar education;
- At least 5 years of work experience in the development of precision machines;
- Knowledge and practical experience with mechatronic systems and design principles;
- Affinity with mechanical engineering automation or mechatronics;
- Good communication skills in Dutch and English, both spoken and written;
- You are inventive and feel home in many markets, so you are able to make the right choices in the field of mechatronics;
- You are proactive and creative. You can work well with engineers from all disciplines.
- A varied job in an innovative, dynamic working environment where you get the opportunity to be really involved in the project from A to Z;
- Always a challenge to find precisely that technical solution that others cannot find;
- Room for personal and professional development;
- An engaged group of colleagues who want to make it happen together;
- The ability to travel for work.
The business case is our guiding principle. We develop and build advanced production lines for small composite products.
IMS, Hightech for the world of tomorrow
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of IMS. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!