Application Engineer - EVCI Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure
The Application Engineer works as a bridge between customers, sales, engineering and service teams. Customer input will be used to setup a technical concept design to implement a full EVCI. This will include design, quote and order management activities. They also provide technical support and expertise to customers, partners and the internal organisation (sales and service). Occasionally performing expert presentations and demonstrations extern as well as intern. Main duties will include designing EVCI related hardware/software applications for specific customer needs, tracking customer trends, collecting feedback for Eaton’s engineering teams and training the ETiB Account Managers on the technical specifications of applications. The successful candidate demonstrates extensive experience in software and electrical application design, as well as knowledge of a sales environment.
- In order to provide application support that satisfies customers, the Application Engineer performs many different tasks. Among the core responsibilities is the design of tailored customer solutions, programs and applications.
- Responsibilities include performing customer analysis to create application designs that respond to customer needs and provide innovative solutions to common problems, writing and executing integrated testing scenarios in cooperation with the service team, working with the customer to optimize their solution proposal and ensuring it stays up-to-date, continuing to meet customers’ requirements.
- In order to design and re-design effective total solution concepts, successful candidate acquires and analyses customer needs and problems, making recommendations to the engineering team and develops tailored solutions. The Application Engineer also generates ideas to engineering for new offerings that innovate and fills gaps in the current market and Eaton's portfolio.
- This position is supporting daily technical enquiries and work collaboratively with international ETiB engineering teams to deliver technical solutions, supervises procurement processes and coordinate project logistics with the central team for the supply and delivery of materials and components needed to install the solution.
- The Application Engineer maintains a close relation with the sales team to ensure a good understanding of the client needs in a timely manner and support from a technical point of view various initiatives developed within the team as per Eaton's strategy.
- Education level: Bachelor's / Master's Degree in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Power Electronics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar
- Years and area of experience: 5+ Years of experience in application engineering in a sales environment, involving electrical power electronics and software
- Technical knowledge:
- GRID design expertise
- Power System Engineering and Analysis (PSA/PSE) experience
- Power distribution systems knowledge
- Order & Project management knowledge
- Technical concept design & proposal expertise
- Advanced knowledge of software application development, installation, and maintenance, preferably in the realm of Energy Transition
- Linux/Azure knowledge would be a plus
- Exceptional ability to drive application innovation by analysing consumer and competitor trends.
- Ability to evaluate client feedback and improve front end application functionality.
- Advanced ability to document processes, run diagnostic tests, and repair errors.
- Proficiency in providing clients with technical product and services support.
- Tools: software and design, quotation tools (Bid Manager), CRM (C360), Office 365
- Soft skills: Customer orientation (understand the customer buying journey), hands-on problem solving, action and solution oriented
- Languages: Fluent in English and Dutch
What Eaton offers:
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great career opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Excellent working environment – Safety and ethics are really important for us
- Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with on-going learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
Eaton is a power management company with 2019 sales of $21.4 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 103,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries.
Eaton is a power management company actively engaged in the transition towards a low-carbon energy future across the world. We have a particular focus on Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure (EVCI) which is part of Eaton’s vision on Energy Transition in Buildings (ETiB), by combining our diverse technology portfolio of renewable energy integration, energy storage, EnergyAware UPSes, microgrids and electric vehicle charging infrastructure.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Eaton. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!