Bond3D is developing a 3D FDM printer for high performance polymers such as PEEK. The printer is designed for products in demanding medical and industrial applications. Key product features are 100% volume infill and isotropic high strength. The printer features a dispensing system based on a heated nozzle. The plastic base material is fed by a feeder drive into the nozzle as solid, where it melts and is dispensed through a narrow channel onto the product being build. The main function of the nozzle is to provide a predictable flow of plastic, with a constant temperature. Since in-line output sensors are not feasible, feedback control is not possible and feedforward is used instead. Accurate control of the nozzle has shown to be complex because of the physics and variations of nozzle and the printing process.
What are you going to do?
- The goal of the assignment is to develop a control system based on long-term monitoring and to prove its effectiveness for increasing the accuracy of the dispending system;
- The following techniques will be applied: model based control, signal analysis, simulation and experimental verification.
- You are studying a Master technical degree in Control Engineering, Applied Physics, Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- English language fluent in spoken and written;
- Creative, proactive, strong in communication and likes to work together with different disciplines in short lines.
Bedrijfsprofiel Bond High Performance 3D
Bond3D has developed a revolutionary printing technique to produce parts made from high performance polymers through additive manufacturing. The products have the same characteristics as products that are currently produced with conventional techniques. Since the foundation in 2014, Bond3D has been developing the 3D printer to put the innovative concepts into practice. The new generation of printers that are currently being developed can print the parts quickly, in high quality and reproducibly.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Bond3D. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!